or Connect

Posts by kenjiro0621

Thank you so much for the reply! It helps a lot!!Noticed that their D width might be tight on my feet...that's probably why they suggested to go up a 1/2 size larger than Alden sizing. D width on Alden Indy could be close to 6E or 6.5D on any other dress shoes.I totally missed reading the part that they give you $50 worth gift certificate for next purchase - yes, it's actually free to use MTF if you buy a pair, as you said. I am blind!!
Thank you for your response. I am still worried about the sizing and can't make the decision yet...I don't think I should order in size 6.5d, what Katie from Rancourt suggested. I doubt it since I could fit 5.5D Alden Modified last. According to them, their sizing is slightly bigger than Alden's, thus they recommend to go for a 1/2 larger than my Indy's. However Indy uses very wide last which is unusual. It's a wider than Red Wing or Wolverine competitor. My indy fits me...
Thank you for your advice!I've sent a massage to Rancourt and explained my situation, and they suggested me to go up a 1/2 size larger than Alden sizing.But since I am considering to buy a pair for the summer, planning to wear them without socks, I believe I should go with 6d or e for the rangers, 5.5d or e for the loafers.
Thank you for your advice!I've sent a massage to Rancourt and explained my situation, and they suggested me to go up a 1/2 size larger than Alden sizing.But since I am considering to buy a pair for the summer, planning to wear them without socks, I believe I should go with 6d or e or even 5.5d.
Hi there I came across to your post showing Navy Ranger Moc. Simply beautiful!I've been thinking of buying a pair from Rancourt too, but I can't take the plunge since it's really hard to determine the right size. I've tried their shoe fitting guide, which I believe is identical to a brannock device, but I don't trust the result. It tends to show bigger size than the shoe size I actually get to choose. I've used the device at Alden shop in NYC, because I wanted to buy a...
Hi there I came across to your post showing Navy Ranger Moc. Simply beautiful! I've been thinking of buying a pair from Rancourt too, but I can't take the plunge since it's really hard to determine the right size. I've tried their shoe fitting guide, which I believe is identical to a brannock device, but I don't trust the result. It tends to show bigger size than the shoe size I actually get to choose. I've used the device at Alden shop in NYC, because I wanted to buy a...
Wow, those 2 boots look gorgeous! Snuff suede one is a killer! I with LSH will re-order them. BTW, what lasts are those boots?
Quote: Originally Posted by zinman74 Ok, here are my J. Gilbert Plaza last cap toe boots in Color 8 with commando sole. Sorry the pics aren't great, but you can get an idea of the shape and the deep color. And with the other Aldens I own. These boots are by far my favorite purchase since I got this ridiculous footwear bug. As far as sizing goes, my right foot is a 10D, where as my left foot is a bit shorter and narrower. I wear a 9.5D...