or Connect

Posts by CashmereLover

... and I have Johnstons cashmere. Very nice but also very thin. At least it provides some warmth. http://www.countryattire.com/product...ight-grey.html
Update: decided to pass on this coat after all. Not because the seller still hasn't provided sleeve measurements after several days (she might be away?), but mostly because I found out that this coat has no back vent. So now I need help finding another coat. It's intended for spring/summer so I won't need it until April. I know exactly what I want, I just can't find it, hardly even at a price above my budget (not more than $300). Ideally I want this Polo Ralph Lauren...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint I won't dispute the 'unisex' possibility as I am unsure on that point. Unisex usually provides fot the coat to be buttoned either way, if I am not mistaken. Checking my own Burberry coats and jackets, my button flaps all go left over right. One other thought that came to mind is, should you purchase this coat, the string on the inside that acts as a wind barrier or to shape the waistline; if possible, try not to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Merlino You're right, it depends on whom you ask. But putting that aside, if you like it and it is genuine then by all means buy it. The only person that has to like it is you! I have a Burberry trench myself but I was lucky enough to stumble across it at a thrift store. Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint The coat in your provided link, real or not, is microfibre. Burberry does make...
Quote: Originally Posted by Merlino When has a Burberry trench (or any Burberry product for that matter) ever been worth full retail? Depends on who you ask, but I know which answer you expect. For me and probably most other people too, Burberry has not ever been worth full retail, but that doesn't explain the huge mark down ... is it really such a non-desirable coat? I really like it, actually, for that price!
Thanks for your replies. Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Lee Could be a fake. The Ebay ad is highly suspect, don't you think? If I did this right, here is a link to a guide to Burberry labelling. Used to be "Burberrys" but, apparently, that changed about nine years ago. Check this out: http://reviews.ebay.com/Burberrys-BU...00000004206383 Not sure what would be the suspicious thing about the ad? Anyway, the guide confirms that the...
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-BURBERRY-MEN...item43a3e74fc4 Retails at $1350 and listed for $239.50 (now even discounted at $227.52). How is this possible? I think it looks authentic, the seller seems trustworthy.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Silverfox Ok, so I'm in the market for a pair of good leather gloves. I think I'll probably go with shearling lining, as I already have spring/autumn gloves for the less cold periods. My problem though, is that every time I buy gloves I feel that they turn ugly after not too long. They expand an atrocious ammount, to the point where bordering on too snug becomes way too roomy. Also, the leather gets very wrinkly and...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai Cross posting. Here a couple of pictures of my suede collection (missing a pair of suede Mora currently being fixed at AE factory) Nice, those Oxford semi brogues remind me of my C&J Westfields. Are your shoes Westfields? OT: Also, I like your carpet - do you know what kind it is? I'm very much into carpets these days, expecting my first large quality carpet to arrive with UPS tomorrow. (a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ You have to admit that is basic SF reasoning! +1