Posts by nate10184

Quote: Originally Posted by leftover_salmon I'm pretty amazed though, that someone working for a "prestigious bank" as an analyst would seem so clueless about this. Wow relax. I think I said prominent and not prestigious and by that I simply meant well known. Of course I could have told you all those things - look at my initial post. I was asking if anyone had experience breaking into these industries from outside of the traditional places...
Wow my inbox is filled with requests for the charcoal 38R - It is sold pending payment. The rest are still available including the charcoal 40S.
**Pics are up** I stayed up til 3 photographing and was just too tired to get measurements - Ill get all of them this evening. My monitor at work must be much brighter because the pics taken with flash look really washed out. Please refer to the second picture in each set for the best representation of color. I'll try to get better pics tonight. All PMs responded to.
I was able to pick these up at good prices and want to pass them along to the community. I can probably go back tomorrow and get more, let me know if there is something you don't see in your size, I may be able to get it. These are all really beautiful items. I don't think you're going to do much better than the prices I've set here. 1. Polo Made in Italy solid dark charcoal suit. This is the Polo I cut and features a single rear vent. Pants have double forward...
For your consideration, a beautiful pair of AE MacNeil Longwings in size 9.5B. They are made of shell cordovan and feature a thick double sole. These are used but overall are in great condition overall. I sold a pair of Cambridge wingtips to Homme in December and I think these are at least as nice if not nicer than that pair. The shell cordovan is just beginning to develop that signature patina and creasing is minimal. You can still read the "Genuine Shell Cordovan"...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah I don't know what you do, but there are janitors that also work at Goldman Sachs, "working for a prominent investment bank". To me it seems that you're barely out of school, don't have relevant experience (I have no idea what you do but you said it's without prestige so who knows what that means), are asking for advice on a clothing website, and have decided to shoot for the moon with 2 different careers (PE/HF)...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 9 months out of undergrad, so you've been working for 6 months? Gee... Can you please do some work rather than updating your resume and networking for your next job? I totally agree with you and I do work hard in my current job its just unnerving to see so many peers jumping ship. There seems to be the sense that if you don't get into these industries very young then it will be very difficult to later. ...
I'm about 9 months out of undergrad working for a prominent investment bank and would really like to move into one of these industries. After interviewing I had several offers and in the end chose to go into a part of the business that really interested me even though it may not have carried the same level of "prestige". My girlfriend did exactly the opposite, took the "best" offer at the "best" bank even though she'll admit she has little interest in the work she...
I actually used this website for the first time late last year bc I needed a slim white shirt and was having a very difficult time finding a rtw one. My impressions of the shirt itself were probably not as favorable as yours though I don't regret trying them out and might have another shirt made in the future. The one thing that really disappointed me was the collar and the lack of removable collar stays. I thought the collar stays were a little crooked and bent from...
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdykarim I'm pretty sure that's the int'l price. Though I haven't checked in a while. Yeah thats initially what I thought when I saw it but I can't find any other price on their website. EDIT: Just called the 1-800 number and they said prices were 95 and 120 respectively. Not sure why they have this form up.