or Connect

Posts by nate10184

Reviving an old thread because I'm looking to have this done locally in NYC. Has anyone here in New York had this done successfully? I don't have a go-to tailor that I'm confident enough in at the moment.
It is no joke. I took a brief course, had good training materials, and had all the anecdotal experiences of peers who had already taken it....and I still found it pretty challenging. The guys who half-assed studying almost all failed on the first go around.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saturdays Thanks, I haven't been avoiding this technique. It's just getting your foot in sometimes means being a Administrative Assistant which usually is simply being a Secretary. Point is I have been doing this to a certain extent with me filtering out the jobs that can open up to bigger, better or different opportunities. Maybe I should widen my scope a little. Thanks for the advise, gives me something more to apply and...
I told somebody else this a while back and I still think it holds true...get your foot in the door anyway you can at a big company you'd like to work for. It really doesn't matter what function (HR, marketing, sales, etc.), once you get in a move into finance will be much easier. If your dad works at HP I have to imagine he could set you up with interviews somewhere in the company. If you are ambitious and willing to network it's not hard to move around a big company...
Switzerland
Bought a pair of shell Alden PTB's from phantomx48. Fantastic seller, shipped the day I paid and the shoes are great (at an even better price).
Really can say thanks enough for all your recent posts, great stuff all around. Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat After the factory, we went next door to his gorgeous showroom to conduct the foot tracing and have a coffee (which was wonderful). The pictures here really speak for themselves. With 15 last shapes to choose from, I decided on a soft chiseled toe midway between the EG888 and 82. Simple double-monk with captoe, burnished espresso,...
Quote: Originally Posted by eml4sker You can always leave banking for F100. The other direction is more difficult. This, end of story.
Quote: Originally Posted by el duderino Older models have the downward loop which were reversed after the Levis lawsuit. Cut hasn't changed as far as I could tell when trying on newer models. Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse The older ones (downward) do fit tighter in the waist. Thanks. I have an older pair of 32x32's (not sure if they were rigid or rinse) that have stretched out to about 35-36" in the...