or Connect

Posts by nate10184

As the title implies, I'm looking to add another black oxford to the rotation. Preferably english made though I also like Alden. I have a pair of C+J's in 11F UK that I love but think they need a little rest.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser I finally believe in the Duke Conspiracy. Easiest road to the Final Four of all the top seeds. Kansas didn't get any benefits from being the #1 overall seed. Duke will have to play Winthrop in the first round and Louisville in the round of 32. That's a brutal opening weekend for a #1 seed. I agree though, if they can survive that they have a pretty easy run from there.
Pants need to be shorter and need to be tapered. They should be narrower at the bottom. Otherwise I think it looks okay.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC ^I didn't bring up Duke hatred in this thread (I believe a Duke grad did), I merely commented upon it. Do I really need to dig up other threads where you've bashed Duke? Quote: It's a thread about college basketball. Your line of argument is solely "people who hate Duke are sheep and children". Pretty much. Quote: Athletic loyalties are all about passion. It's about guys...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC Sorry to spoil your imaginary world where all thinking original people love Duke, but I've hated them for a couple of decades now. Don't worry, I also hate UNC and pretty much the entire ACC. My view of college basketball is very centered and thought out. The latest ACC homer isn't going to have any impact on it. I don't expect everyone to love Duke but I can't imagine why an adult would feel compelled enough...
I really think a lot of the Duke hate can be attributed to the UNC propaganda machine. Guys like Stuart Scott and Kenny Smith don't make any attempt to hide their hatred for Duke, in fact they openly celebrate it. Hating Duke is the cool thing to do and most sports fans are sheep who eagerly jump on the bandwagon. Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC ^No, I hated Duke well before that. It's simply an illustration of the kind of slobbering favoritism that...
Yikes historic beat down in Durham. I know UNC is down but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by onijo84 Btw, nv buy RRL at those retail prices. Seriously. What are the retail prices for RRL these days? On Farinelli's it looks like the "one-rinse" has a regular price of $225 and the "raw selvedge" is $220. Is that the same as what they sell for at the RL store? I don't think I've ever paid full retail for anything since I joined SF but if they really are $220 - $100 store credit doesn't seem insane for jeans...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard2Fit Fair enough. (31 is a pretty rare size.) Yeah I'd probably take a 32-34 or 30-34 as well but honestly I never see any RRL's on ebay that don't have some kind of wash. My 32-32's are a little big in the waist and about .5" short.