or Connect

Posts by nate10184

I know I sound like a shill but I've handled everything from modern JLP bespoke, Yohei Fukuda bespoke, Foster & Sons, modern G&G/EG/JL rtw, etc. The quality of this leather is on a completely different level. The only thing I can compare it to was this pair of vintage Lobb Londons I restored a few years ago which had a very similar texture/feel:LINKWhen I first picked these up I assumed they were NOS Peal bespoke, because the finishing level was so high, the uppers were...
Can anyone help me date/size these old Peals? I believe the numbering inside would indicate they were made by Edward Green. I've seen some Peal bespoke examples that have a royal warrant, but never on a rtw shoe. The one in these reads: By Appointment Bootmakers to the late King George V Peal & Co Ltd Made in England for Brooks Brothers I've handled my fair share of vintage bespoke shoes and the finish level of these is as good as anything I've ever seen. Leather...
See below for information about this item: Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtip model Size 10D Gorgeous shell cordovan uppers Made in England New without box Shoe trees not included Price is $575 shipped CONUS. These retail for $995 so will make a great deal for someone. Let me know if you have any questions.
Anyone recognize the tie in this photo or know where I could get something similar?
Now on Ebay if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261784838409?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
For your consideration, a lovely pair of monkstraps by Edward Green for Ralph Lauren. These are the Grant model (also known as the Oundle) in dark oak antique. They are a size 11.5/12D on the popular 888 last. These are used but in really nice condition as you can tell from the pictures. The soles have very little wear and the depth of the leather is just amazing, the pictures really don't do it justice. I'm not sure RL even sells this model any more but when they did...
Agreed, go for what you love. With that said, definitely take a look at Simon Baker's stuff before you pull the trigger on a SAB. SAB is obviously nice but Simon's work, at least in photos, just looks more special.Of course, I've never owned either so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I've dealt withI've dealt with this a bunch, 95% is elbow grease. I always use the fuzzy inside of an athletic sock to buff off all the excess polish. This can take hours and multiple socks if it is really bad. Once you get to a point where the sock isn't really picking up any more polish, massage in a thin layer of renovateur into the cordovan and buff again with a clean sock. It will remove any leftover polish and give them a nice matte shine. I usually finish off...
^^^You win
Lol Spurs in collapse mode.