or Connect

Posts by VikingsFan82

Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidus Bowtielover, in my previous thread where I had a 38R, you said it was a "perfect fit," and here you say it's a size too big. I'm going to guess the pictures are distorting the actual fit of the suit. No offense to BowTieLover, but he doesn't have a very good eye. Neither fits well. Passable in today's Men's Wearhouse world, but not good.
Quote: Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion Have you looked into Thick as Thieves? I don't have any personal experience with them, but a number of members here looking for a slim fitting suit have had good results from them. People say "Look at Thick as Thieves" all the time. I've seen some very bad results in other threads, though. The bad ones seem to come from people who do their own measurements. Don't do it unless you're in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidus I would still like more opinions on this suit, but any suggestions for a slimmer label? I think it would be hard to get a Solid Navy 36R at RETAIL, much less on sale or under $600. Try places like Filene's Basement, or Century 21 and Daffy's if you can make it to New York. Also, there's Saks Off Fifth, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Nordstrom Rack, and other high-end outlet stores. These places sell slimmer,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 look at any online selling websites. Look at Brooks Brothers, Jos. A. Bank...etc NOt to buy the stuff but to look at how their suits/jackets fit. Jeebus what a fucking retard. How about not trying to be spoonfed everything? You're a cock AND you are giving poor advice. You can get better fitting and better quality suits for your money than at Jos. A Bank and Brooks Brothers
How tall are you? Judging by the length of the jacket, I think you'd need a 36S, in a suit with a slimmer cut. The angle and lighting is bad, so I can't really tell. If I'm not mistaken, the 36R height range is about 5'9'' to 6'0'' I'm 5'11'' and I wear a 38R. I'd say that the Brooks Brothers 1818 line is just a smidgen below the "sack suit" category. It's really not that slim. You're a very slim person. There's way too much excess material everywhere. I'd recommend...
Did you hit the sample sale last week?
The new ship, Oasis of the Seas, has popular SF stores like Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. It's got Marc Jacobs.... and ED HARDY! Quote: Prince & Greene – With a trendy fashion boutique vibe, Prince & Green offers urban apparel and accessories for men and women alike, all with an electric urban edge. Labels include Betsey Johnson, Calypso and Kenneth Cole for women and Fred Perry, Ed Hardy, Marc Jacobs and Ben Sherman for men. Anyone else find this...
It doesn't fit anywhere. The shoulders of the jacket extend past your shoulder bones. You can witness this if you lean up against a wall. The padding will make contact before your shoulder. The jacket is too long. The end of the jacket should line up with your knuckles with your arms in a relaxed position. There's also excess fabric around the torso. Not worth tailoring, either in my opinion. I don't like the three button design or the huge lapels. It will cost a lot...
LOL, it seems that this is the first time Vox has posted non-sarcastic comments in a thread.
Arc'Teryx isn't a very well-known brand in the states. The jackets have minimal branding, and clean designs. I would start there, though they're a bit pricey. You might be able to find them on sale. Baracuta is starting to make waterproof jackets too. Some of Barbour's designs are okay. Go with Mackintosh if you want a more formal raincoat. J. Crew sells them now. APC also has some nice macs.