or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by VikingsFan82

Quote: Originally Posted by MrG "If I'd gotten Bill to wear something like this I wouldn't have had to deal with the whole Lewinsky Scandal. No woman would ever touch a man dressed in such a get-up." Best so far.
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer You've also completely changed your argument. First, it was pick stitching. Now, it's non-shoddy pick stitching, which was MY point. I only clarified it when you brought up the shoddy Jos. A Bank thing, which was news to me. I think well-done, pick-stitching was probably a good indicator until a couple years ago, if what you say is true. Jos A Banks then capitalized on the mentions of pick-stitching, and put...
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer This is silly. I'm not attacking you. I'm pointing out some errors in your statements, and you've gotten very defensive. I also did provide support, when I went through your three points and provided exact reasons why each was flawed. Newer posters often come on here without as much knowledge as others. Nobody's attacking you for it. We're explaining why you have some misplaced notions. As I said, don't get so...
Quote: Originally Posted by B|aze You confuse me First you said... Then you said... ohh but then it was... ...ahh ok...perhaps not indicator, more like FIRST indicator ...oh I mean....half-way descent indicator... ...and quality not meaning well made .... The underlying meaning of two statements does not change when you use synonyms or qualifiers that are similar. Learn some English, my Danish friend.
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer The whole point was that it's actually not a good first indicator. The whole point of my arguing with you is that YOU KEEP ON ATTACKING ME WITHOUT PROVIDING SUPPORT. Let's say you see a Loro Piana or Zegna Super 100s label on the jacket lining of a friend. You also see non-shoddy pick stitching on the lapels On first glance, this would indicate the it's a halfway decent suit. Not cheap. Of course, you'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by furo I could fill a book with suits of poor quality that have the "Super XXX Wool" slapped on the interior lining. Hell, before I came to this forum, I even bought one, for the very reason that you mentioned: I saw the "Super xxx Wool" tag and thought "Oh, what a great steal! And this suit is only $200, and I get a free alteration!" After the suit fell apart, developed a ridiculous sheen from dry cleaning, and stiffened up...
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer You should probably give up before digging yourself in too deep. There are a ton of pretty bad Loro Piana suits. LP makes some great fabrics, and LP makes some rather cheap ones. JCrew uses LP fabrics on some of their suits, which are rather cheap. I've seen other suits which are worse than JCrew that also use LP. LP can indicate high quality, but a LP tag most certainly does not necessarily indicate high...
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer As others have pointed out, pick stitching has become a gimmick that manufacturers of cheap suits use in an attempt to appear more high end. A vast majority of pick stitching is poorly done and tacky. I'd say that identifying well executed pick stitching could help one identify a quality suit, but most people would struggle to do so. That's news to me. My cheap-as-hell, beater suits from H&M and Theory don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by B|aze So this would be a hight quality suit? http://www.italianhouse.dk/product.asp?product=491 Sorry for the language..it's danish 4000 kroner = 780 USD. Still not a cheap cost. The Loro Piana mark would be a good FIRST INDICATOR that's its not a cheaply-made suit. However, the best way to assess, is to determine whether it's fused or canvassed. As I said before, you can only figure this out with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by furo And let's not even get into the fact that deciphering between 100s and 120s wool merely by "looking" at a suit is impossible. I said looking at the inner label, furo. Read more carefully next time.
New Posts  All Forums: