or Connect

Posts by polarbear

Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 I've seen several links lately to this 'Baron Boutique' place, which I guess is in Nepal or something. Apparently Jovan's a big fan. Anyone else have experience with this brand/service/quality/construction, etc? Seems sort of like Jantzen for suits. I'm just looking for information. I second this request for feedback. I'm dying to get a linen suit (for no good reason really) and they have one for $199...
Haha, i think they're closed! You're probably right about the cut though...I know the silk suit has some history to it, but linen seems to have much more innate "summer-ness" to it, so I'll keep looking. It's probably a real pain to take care of as well. Congratulations Duveen--you've successfully talked me out of two suit purchases in a week. My bank account thanks you.
Following up on the recent silk pants thread, what do you guys think of this suit for summer? (I may be attending 2 summer weddings in the coming months and don't have much to wear). I'd prefer to keep looking for a linen suit, but the measurements are pretty good for me. What's it worth? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7750953063
Quote: Originally Posted by Duveen The D-V suits were a mixed bag, most not in wool (at least that I saw). There was a drop-dead gorgeous black linen shawl lapel tux in 42L that some dandy somewhere MUST own. Just magnificent. I had the good fortune of meeting Duveen and AC last night while checking out the remnants of "the big haul" (busted on account of wearing the polo chesterfield I posted about once before when I couldn't decide...
this is the best i could find. hope the picture works. http://img50.exs.cx/img50/9288/watch6zk.jpg
Hi, first post, sorry it is a question. I've been lurking for quite a while and have learned a lot--thanks to everyone.  I'm hoping I migh use the forum's experiste for a moment.  I am beginning to look around at watches, just flipping through magazines, etc.  In the burberry ad in this month's Esquire (opposite the editor's letter) there is a watch I really like, but i have no idea what it is...does anyone know?  It has roman numerals and what looks like a grosgrain...