or Connect

Posts by polarbear

Thanks for all the responses guys--I should have known not to ask a question I already knew the answer too: too close in color and too many dots. When I first looked at it I thought it might just be crazy enough to work, but I think the verdict is in. I think a white square in a tv fold would be great, but I was just hoping to go for a little more color and take "festive" as far as possible, since I hardly ever get to wear a suit. As...
These are brand new, with tags (and unhemmed), but too big for me. They are very roomy in the seat, the rise seems pretty high and they're pretty full all around. I like them a lot, but they're just not slim enough. 55% linen, 45% silk. When I was taking the pictures I noticed two spots of dark discoloration on the back, just about mid-thigh. I tried to photograph it, and it came out just ok--not sure what it is, but I assume dry cleaning would get rid of it. $75...
Gentlemen, I have a "festive attire" event (whatever that means) to go to on monday and I'm thinking of wearing a plain navy suit and a blue borrelli tie I just picked up at FB. I'm uncertain about the pocket square though. I haven't delved much into the "rules" of coordinating such items, other than that the square should "highlight," not directly match the tie. Here's the outfit with a light green polka dot square. What do you think? If this doesn't work, what's...
I'll take 2, 4 and 6, if still available. Sending PM
i'll take #3 Roda 17" will send PM.
sent PM....
The range of prices for working buttonholes is interesting here. I took a new suit to Geoffrey Lewis in DC today and was told $120. I'd read in another thread they charged $80, so I mentioned that and, though the price seemed flexible based on the extent of the other alterations I am (still) considering, it seemed like the price was pretty firm if I was only having the pants let out an inch and hemmed. should I shop around more (anyone know what field's charges?) or...
did these sell? turns out i'm in pressing need of a formal bow tie.
so i missed this entire thing (subconsciously avoided?). somebody tell me there was nothing good in 13. (all i get is a blank page).
Quote: Originally Posted by dusty Or anywhere else for that matter. I was at the grocery store today picking up a few things, and I saw this fine (fine) girl there. When I get to the U-Scan line, she gets in behind me. So I'm standing there trying to think of something to say to her (not paying attention to the line) and finally the girl leans in and tells me there's an opening at one of the registers. So not only do I not talk to her, also I'm an idiot....