or Connect

Posts by polarbear

Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 Nice find. Someone got a good deal. I don't think HF makes as many 38R as larger sizes. At least they are harder to find on sale. Yeah! I think Hickey Freeman does not get enough respect around here, primarily because their silhouettes can be on the dowdy side. But if you get one that fits well, they can be great. I just bought this side vented, three roll two (presumably) plaid with windowpane and can't wait...
29" length? definitely a regular. so sad...
friends, forget not, the ice cream of st. claire, popcorn of annex, and perhaps, sandwich from tearoom, of olympia.
I was told by a young guy there was "nothing left' and that the purple label had been shipped out weeks ago. I said I'd heard there were some left in size 13 (my size) and he said no this is all we have (one loafer, some slippers). I milled around, hoping he'd offer more service but finally left. Is it is super rude to ask someone else or forcefully ask them to check the stock room? Kind of disappointed after running there after work to get in 10 mins before close.......
is it really black? because it really looks charcoal in the pics, even though you said they were coming through shiny. if it were charcoal, i might be all over it...are the pants very slim?
I didn't have time to sift through all 9 pages, but this made it to Leveraged Sell-out (hysterical, satirical blog about i-banking if you've never read it). The gawker post it links to is also pretty funny. People have way too much time on their hands, myself included. http://www.leveragedsellout.com/2007/04/only-87-tool/ http://gawker.com/news/new-york-post...che-254812.php
Thanks for all the responses and advice guys...very helpful, as always. Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater I get my Hamis from this place: www.princetonwatches.com (I'm not affiliated with them in any way).. They list MSRP on the website, but give you the real price when you call (don't list the real price because as an authorized dealer they are not allowed to). Btw, I have that Jazzmaster Viewmatic you wanted and it's a helluva...
Sorry this is long: So after not having worn a watch for the past two years, I finally decided I needed one today and went down to Tourneau. I've been eyeing the Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, like this. I didn't see it in the case so I asked the salesman if they had one. He goes away and presumbaly checks the computer but says they don't have any in any stores in Manhattan. So I left, but thought I'd check the window on the way out and sure enough there's the...
Personally, I think the look on his face says it all.
As I sit here contemplating several career opportunities and wondering what direction I should head in over the next few years, it occurs to me that the answer is really quite obvious---whatever the hell aportnoy does to amass such a continually stunning shoe collection.