or Connect

Posts by imightbechad

Quote: Originally Posted by sartorialism I have to revive this thread. I, too, find it so damn annoying that everywhere I turn people (and respectable literary institutions, mind you) are singing Freedom's praises. What a shitty book. Franzen sucks. He's a pretentious, arrogant prick. And a crappy author.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad You're not hitting the right bars. You're not hitting the right coffee houses (free trade, organic, shade-grown, french-pressed poon.)
Most bitches under 35 don't want to f@#* practical, conservative dudes with real estate investments. They probably should, but they don't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Maybe 1-3%. Most are good people with a genuine point of view. You feel it in your percentage gut?
So, I got married in June of this year. I also just accepted a new job offer, so I'm filing out a new W-4. Problem is, I'm the first one to fill it out as "Married Filing Jointly" and I'm totally confused. Mainly because my wife makes nearly 3x as much as I do, and my suggested "additional witholdings" are way way way too high. Like, 85% of my check each pay period. Now, the reason it's so high is that it asks me to divide by the remaining pay periods in 2010,...
http://www.iwantyourmoney.net/ IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse "Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[1] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[2] A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut he is. even if you don't agree with his policies. the guy can play the game. he's sharp. I won't get into my thoughts on his policies, but they're probably more nuanced than you think. But I can't think of any examples of his ability to play the game...except, of course, the game he played to get elected. Beyond that what evidence of his "sharpness" is there? Confused, ineffectual response to...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut but obama is a real smart guy. tons of common sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by jchosko Too bad Ben Tillman wasn't murdered by Americans... Dag...I like your style.