or Connect

Posts by imightbechad

Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Yeah, look how FedEx and UPS are struggling having to compete with that money-losing USPS. If the US Postal System was scrapped, do you think that would bring down the price of sending FedEx packages using the same rationale as saying that a public option is going to raise insurance premiums? Of course not. The USPS is a nightmare. But, somehow, private competitors are flourishing, even though they have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe the last five paragraphs are pretty scary, but it what you proabably expect leaders to say to youth or any speech. This is scary? "The story of America isn't about people who quit when things got tough. It's about people who kept going, who tried harder, who loved their country too much to do anything less than their best. It's the story of students who sat where you sit 250 years ago, and went on to...
If you guys are interested in well-written blogs, the two best are: www.atimetoget.com & men.style.com/news/blog The GQ makes sense, as they have plenty of professional writers at their disposal. But A Time to Get is by far the best written blog I've come across. Consistently entertaining and insightful posts. Never recycles anything. And the dude who runs it is really incredible with an iPhone camera. Also, I'd have to agree that Ryan's rant was unnecessary and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey ^ good-looking boot. is that horween chromexcel in the alden roy boot the same as the horween chromexcel in the wolverine 1000 mile? looks like it. i prefer the barrie's shape, the storm welt, and crepe sole to the wolverine boot. otherwise how are they different for $325 vs $445 Killer boots, man:
Quote: Originally Posted by BareSolid Wikipedia, the largest tabloid cancer in existence. Wikipedia is the reason your local library is closing down. Wikipedia is the reason kids are so impatient and won't even invest some time into reading a proper book when they can just get a quick nugget off Wikipedia. It's the reason one cannot engage in a deep conversation on any subject, because everyone knows only what they've read on a 2000-word Wikipedia...
Steely Dan = a bunch of melodic geniuses that I would gladly push into a vat of acid.
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty They let Duffy come back and play? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390336/ lefty I really liked the first movie, but this is gonna be shit. No Willem Dafoe = No chance in hell.
Quote: Originally Posted by ssnyc So I just purchased the dark brown (right) Abington guide boots from Proper, they'll be here in a few days. Maybe a bit hasty since I won't really be wearing them for a while, but decision made. Thanks again for all the input! Post some pictures when you get them. I have a hunch their photography is a little deceiving.