or Connect

Posts by imightbechad

WSJ: So you would keep troops in Iraq after this year? Trump: I would take the oil. WSJ: I don’t understand how you would take the — does that mean keeping troops there, or staying involved in Iraq? Trump: You heard me, I would take the oil. http://on.wsj.com/gkr4Fs
"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." This sounds suspiciously like the philosophy of Mr. Rick Flair.
The right's fascination with Rand is beyond me, but I thought this bit from her wiki page was interesting: Quote: Rand's funeral was attended by some of her prominent followers, including Alan Greenspan. A six-foot floral arrangement in the shape of a dollar sign was placed near her casket
Quote: Originally Posted by meister A British conservative view of Glen's exit.... http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...rt-glenn-beck/ Quote: The head of Glenn Beck on a platter is like Kwaanza come early for Keith Olbermann and George Soros and Barack Obama and CNN and CNBC and the New York Times and all the rest of that rag bag of Islamists, eco-loons, progressives, communitarians, and Gramsciites who would be so much happier...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy I would like to say that Crane's has jumped the shark, but (1) that happened a while back, and (2) it would be too many shark metaphors.... + fucking 1.
This has long been one of my favorite videos on the Internet: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulshine But I certainly welcome any religious Christian to prove me wrong here and say you know that Jesus Christ would be bullshit if you were you born somewhere else.
Gave up towards the end of season one. Terrible, terrible writing.
Either I don't get the whole Philip K. Dick thing, or this really was just a bad film. One of the few movies where I've felt a need to check the reviews afterwards, just to make sure I wasn't the only one. I tend to agree with these reviewers: "Help, I'm being followed by super-human salesmen in cardigans and hats!" "Cradled in Damon's solidly reliable hands, even a movie as extravagantly silly as this one gains heft and credibility, an impressive accomplishment when you...
Thanks for suggestions, all, and keep 'em coming.