or Connect

Posts by franz_sanchez

Ike Behar is one of the few higher end brands you can get a Marshall's. I got one a couple of months ago at Marshall's and it was on clearance for around $7. Typically when Marshall's gets shirts like these they usually start around $30-40. I got a Hart Marx shirt at Marshall's once and they usually have some Joseph Abboud shirts. Ike Behar is one of the few brands their price range that do make shirts in Canada. Most of the shirts in the same price range made by Joseph...
I know what that guy is doing. I see it happen sometimes on ebay. I know when I decide to list the items so it shows lowest price first I choose the one that says (Price + Shipping) because I know some people will charge more for shipping then others. I know a few times when I tried to sell on ebay It told me my shipping was too high. If I'm overcharging on shipping it usually would only be a couple of dollars. I remember buying a used sportcoat from a thrift shop and...
It also depends on the brands. I know with brands such as Buffalo and Penguin I have found stuff that tends to run on the small side. You get a Polo shirt from Penguin that is Size L and it feels more like a Medium. Much different from some of those urban brands like Roca Wear where you know that Large sized polo shirt is more like an Extra Large.
If I were getting a cheap dress shoe I would get something like the Florsheim Richfield which usually retails for $85. I know Florsheims are not that great but this one is made with a leather sole. The Richfield tends to be one of their better shoes that is made with an all leather sole. So much better than Bostonian. Bostonian mostly makes shoes with either Rubber or ones that are not leather but EVA soles that have a layer on leather on them but not truly leather. With...
I know Big 5 Sporting Goods sells watches like that. They have a Lucien Picard one that they seem to have on sale lately. $125 for only $25. I'm pretty sure its just like some other watch brands I know of. I know Lucien Picard used to be a good brand but like mant older american brands like Jules Jurgensen not as good as they used to be. If you can get one these watches for a cheap price then it should be OK. Your watch should be much better than any designer watch that...
Is there a difference between the quality of the leather or how it is made? I'm guessing having nicer shoes like Allen Edmonds would have less of an impact on animals being killed. You would end up buying less shoes over time meaning in a sense you are helping their be less cows killed. I don't know much about how much of an environmental impact cheaper non leather dress shoes have on the environment. Well if you were to buy shoes from payless at $20 they will probably...
I find myself being a cheapskate on just about everything. I have ties such an Ed Hardy one I got at Macy's once for about $20. I got another one from Macy's that was a Polo Tie with horses for around $15. I have gotten shirts from brands like Joseph Abboud, Hart Marx and even some cheaper ones and gone to places like Marshall's where on clearance you can shirt for less than $20. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a shirt or tie or even a Sportcoat either. I tend...
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm I went through the same process of replacing t-shirts with polos. I mostly buy Lacoste and Ralph Lauren. I think they are the two best known polos that everyone associates with high end premium quality. Everyone knows the logos. Lacoste has a perception of wealth and success. Burberry is not well known. Ask 100 random people to identify the logo and most can not. Abercrombie is associated with young high...
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff Construction method. It's the way the soles are attached to the upper and the insole, and some allow for soles to be replaced more easily then others, and the ones that allow for traditional resoling are somewhat rare in your price range. Blake/ Rapid has an upper and insole sewn to a midsole that acts as a welt to connect the sole. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/808/RMConstruction.jpg As for laceups in tht price...
Quote: Originally Posted by imainish My new Bally Scribe Aken in tan (have them in black too but haven't gotten around to taking pics of them yet). Both the leather the construction are fantastic. I could not be happier with them. I have a pair of Mezlan shoes like those but they are tanner in color and not so dark. Since they are Mezlan they are not as fancy as those Bally's you have.