or Connect

Posts by franz_sanchez

Quote: Originally Posted by Blamm May get me booted off SF - but here goes. Assuming you're not working with the people on SF - you'll draw complements for these shoes - and be better outfitted than 99% of others in your office - - Cole Haan or Bostonian both ~$100 - Lands End has wingtips in black, brown, and choc suede for ~$50 - spend another $25 for a decent shoe shine kit (big horsehair brush, Kiwi black/brown, edge dressing...) - spend another $5...
I have always liked Ralph Lauren clothing. I own many Polo branded things. I have at least 4x Polo branded Polo Shirts, 3x Polo Dress Shirts and 1x Polo Tie. I go for Polo cause you can the stuff on sale at a cheap price at Macy's. I wait till Macy's reduces Polo Shirts to $19.99. This weekend at Macy's they are having a Fall Sale. I was able to get a Polo Causual Shirt for $16 not including tax and that was with the 20% Savings Pass. Normally they sell for $90. We have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Florsheim Kenmoor is the best value RTW shoe there is. You have to appreciate the American Gunboat style, which not everyone does. http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/17109.html Florsheim Kenmoors are bad shoes for the price. Yes they are affordable but not as good as something like a pair of Allen Edmonds or something. The Kenmoors aren't bad but there isnt much selection. Just 2 models in different...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving I have several pairs of $600 shell cordovan shoes w/ leather soles. The inner soles are rock hard. They look great, my feet hurt like hell after a night out. So, I rarely wear them to work, b/c I would be cripple by the evening. If you want to look stylish, it don't come easy. Your feet will pay dearly. If you want daily comfortable shoes, for work, stick to rubber soles. (Unless you sit down the...
I was looking at some of the auction lots. Does BLM stand for Bernie Madoff or something? Is BLM his initials or something like that? I noticed one Lot that included 13 Charvet shits that were all New and monogrammed with the initials BLM. How much are Charvet shirts actually worth? I figure those shirts are probably worth at least $300-400 new. If you have 13 Charvet shirts which are all new and unused you must have a lot of money. I don't know what you would do with all...
I don't know what the quality of the cheaper AE Allen Edmonds shoes. I noticed how the newer models they are making that are AE Allen Edmonds are made in the Domincian Republic. If you go to their website these are the many models that sell for under $200. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552 For a casual shoe it looks pretty nice but I don't know if you would want to be around $200 for a pair shoes that is Made in the Dominican Republic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 There's no doubt that the Alden factory is smaller than that of AE. However, I'm going to need you to substantiate the statement that the Alden factory is in any way "workshop" based. The idea that Alden shoes are somehow hand made seems to persist on the forums. I strongly suspect that every single operation that can be mechanized and assembly lined in the production of shoes has been for both AE or Alden. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier Dark blue to navy to midnight - all game in this thread. I finally saw a video of the Duckie Browns in action. The leather is awful, plasticy, wafer thin corrected grain, from the looks of it. I haven't any idea how Florsheim justifies charging retail on those, other than "these are designer." Why don't they just make good goddammed shoes again? I know what you mean. I have seen them at places like...
I never bought any Theory clothing. When I looked at the prices for Theory Clothing it's more than I would want to pay. I know some Macy's do carry brands like Hugo Boss and Theory but ours doesnt. I was lucky enough to get a Hugo Boss Shirt for $10 at Macy's which is pretty good. Our Macy's does sometimes get higher end merchandise but that's only if it was a return from another store. I noticed on rack at Macy's I saw a $200 Versace Collection shirt at our Local Macy's...
Quote: Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits I personally hate it when I buy something on ebay and get an email 5 or 6 days later saying they just shipped it. It sucks enough waiting a week for something you ordered and paid for to come in the mail. Adding another 6 days of waiting while the seller sits around instead of going to the post office isnt cool at all. Lets get back to the original boring useless thread. I know how you feel....