or Connect

Posts by franz_sanchez

Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands Oh, they're certainly trash now. Worse than Aldo, but I was wondering if they used to be good. They are really worse than Aldo?I thought Aldo made pretty junky shoes. I guess at least most Nunn Bush shoes are not squared toed. I find looking at Aldo most of their shoes are ugly square pointed shoes. I would never buy Aldo shoes. I never really cared for Nunn Bush either because I thought they were cheap....
I was looking at dress pants. What is the big difference in quality and construction between differently priced pants? If you were to take a pair of Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and Canali dress pants what would be the difference in quality and construction. What would make the more expensive Canali pants any better.
I tend to gravitate towards cheaper designer brand stuff you find at Macy's. I have bought stuff from Polo, Nautica, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and many other brands. The brand I do buy the most of is Polo. Eventually Polo stuff does get reduced $19.95. After Thanksgiving I was able to get a few Polo Sportshirts that were originally $89 for only $10. I'm a sucker for good deals. I do buy Hugo Boss sometimes but only If I can get a really good deal. I saw a Hugo Boss...
I never had a Charvet shirt. I know Charvet was what Bernie Madoff would wear. I remember when they were auctioning off his clothing and stuff. He must have bought himself dozens of Charvet shirts. He must have spent in the tens of thousands on Charvet Shirts.
Quote: Originally Posted by it's ok ma' What? I thought some old Florsheim shoes were good. I've read elsewhere on here that Florsheim shoes were once good like J&M, if better. Florsheim is part of the company Weyco which owns Stacy Adams, Nunn Bush, Florsheim and Brass Boot. You can buy stock in the company on the New York Stock Exchange. Generally Speaking most of the shoes they make aren't very good expect a few of the florsheim shoes. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Many guys don't even bother to rotate, so I don't see a problem with sticking to one style. It's a bit "Monk"-ish, but whatever works for you. It's probably less eye-grabbing than rotating 40 pairs of high-end shoes, and, in that regard, might serve you well in a conservative industry. Would you have all five pairs in rotation? I'd be cautious about stocking up for future use if only because of the possibility...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafont Yes, I've had bad fortune with J&M leather. And the sales associate didn't help much, either. Said it was to be expected, though such a short time. A hex on 'em! It doesn't seem like the leather on the J&M shoes is of the best quality. I know they use Calfskin on most of their shoes but still the leather doesn't seem like its the most durable. I also noticed with Cole Haan shoes people seem to have problems...
Quote: Originally Posted by Newlaw OP: I wore ecco's with rubber soles for 2 years. They held up great for me, but I don't think they are worth $165.00. They are still my go to on wet/sloshy days. What will you be wearing them with? What setting? I don't think Ecco shoes are necessarily bad but tend to be more expensive than rockport and clark shoes. some of the styles Ecco makes look a lot like Clarks and Rockport shoes which aren't...
I didn't look at any places in our local mall besides buying a few items at JC Penny. I tend to find most retailers especially ones like Best Buy and Sears don't really make a big deal of any After Christmas Sales. The best deals are usually after Thanksgiving and leading up to Christmas. I noticed Nordstroms is having their half year sale for men right now. I didn't even look at our local Nordstroms but don't think there would be anything I would really want to buy. I...
I went to Macy's and got a CK Calvin Klein dress shirt for $30 that was originally $80. I also got 3 Polo Stanton Sport Shirts that were originally $89.50 and had been reduced to $10. I was able to get 2 Large shirts and 1 extra large. I guess some older shirts had been mixed in with newer shirts that were only marked down to $50. I used the 15% bonus coupon they had. I was able to get each shirt for about $8.50. I thought I would keep one and sell the others on ebay.