or Connect

Posts by ricotta

Quote: Originally Posted by CHECKstar Thanks for the heads up. Adriano is on my list of places to check out. Will add Galati to the list also. What's sort of ball park price I can expect? i went to Adriano Carbone a while ago. i wouldn't come back, and i don't wear the suit he made anymore. the cutting wasn't just old-fashioned (low gorge on the lapels), it was poor - armholes were bigger than off-the-rack, jacket was too long, pants were...
mm.. i thought i'd try rocking the pocket square most of this week. i'm slowly getting used to the sight of it. on another note, i am seeing quite a few more oxford captoes these days in Melbourne.
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman I think that this is the third time that I've said this in the past 24 hours, but the VIP sale was a genuine 45% off, as the shop assistants simply added the additional 15% to the generally available 30% to obtain 45%, and then applied that as a discount. As an example, the shirt that I bought was priced at $189. I paid $103.95 for it - which is 55% of $189. Given that 100 - 55 = 45, I received a 45% discount....
it's more like 41% off.. (1 - 0.30)*(1 - 0.15) = (1 - 0.405) and yes, it was good. if you got 5 shirts that would've set you back just $85 per shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by appolyon For the Melbourne gents, has anyone had a look at Ken Barrell on Elizabeth Street? Most of their stores are in Italy, one in Spain, one in Melbourne and others slated for opening in NYC, LA, Brazil and China. The have some nice knits in a good range of colours with merino wool jumpers at $199 (Made in Italy - with a promo at the moment that you get the second on half off) and cashmere from $399 all the way...
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman RM Williams recommends that you use it on leather saddles, so I dare say that you can use it on various leather goods to keep the leather supple and moisturised. I used it on the leather buckles on my Burberry trenchcoat without any problems. i finally picked up a tub the other day and it seems to moisturize beautifully, however i was surprised to find application isn't like your typical leather...
both when i last checked, though i don't think they're getting any new stock in so it'll be whatever's left.
Quote: Originally Posted by truevision ahh, what a shame was really looking at picking up a pair they said they could still source them.. i suspect an interstate order. still dearer than you would've paid through PLAL though when they sold C&Js.
as far as i know the pouch is a trendier affair with the fairer sex. i've not had the good fortune of having dated any who sported one but will update as soon as i do.
stopped by the Herringbone at Collins St Melbourne and found out a few things: - the Melbourne outlets aren't stocking Crockett and Jones as American Tailors got in first. on the upside, AT seems to have marked theirs down (possible in anticipation of incoming Gaziano and Girling stock). - HB does have suits without the working buttonholes, but it seems the buttonhole stitching is such that moving them leaves a mark in the fabric. maybe defeating the purpose of it a...