or Connect

Posts by Duff_Man

Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas I can't think of any recent examples of this approach succeeding, can you point me to some? Edit: Isn't a "policy of reprisals against noncombatants" technically a war crime? In the paper that is excerpted from, "How the weak win wars", he delineates through examples. Yes, it is a war crime, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. And we're not 'at war' with Somali pirate, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas barbarism has been used to destroy an adversary's will and capacity to fight. When will is the target in a strategic bombing campaign, for example, the strong actor seeks to coerce its weaker opponent into changing its behavior by inflicting pain (destroying its values). When will is the target in a counterinsurgency (COIN) campaign, the strong actor attempts to deter would-be insurgents through, for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slopho So I was playing Zombies last night with that guy I was telling you guys about and Uncle. Uncle had never played Z before and we made it to level 13 on 5. Really good, but that fucking scientist keeps taking my shit. I need to power punch a weapon and lay into him. The key is to get a sweet box gun and a wall gun, switch to the wall gun when he comes to get you and then ray gun or whatever the shit out of him.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow She also has a thing for Ayn Rand. Damn, this girl has a pretty stacked minus column!
Quote: Originally Posted by Saul Silver On a more serious note, I thought Amber Heard was a legitimate, authentic lesbian - none of that "bisexual" bullshit. I have heard conflicting things. I choose to believe that she is bisexual lest my libido shrivel up and die.
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal Are you allowed to carry a rifle on your boat? How would that work when you were coming into port in various countries? Customary Law, etc. is beginning to shift to accommodate that with companies like Hart and people like Erik Prince pushing buttons, but even still a lot of companies won't put armed guards on board because of the liability of it. Even the old guard of partners or execs who, at one time were...
There are many Anthony Mascheks returning from service and getting their degrees. When the US withdraws from Afghanistan, you'll find a lot of guys elect not to reup and reintegrate; get jobs, get degrees, etc. An equally 'great' generation exists right now, it's just away from home. Don't let these Columbia fuckwits get you down.
Last drop, can't go any lower,
You want pathetic? I tend to do pretty well with girls. I am effervescent but coy and stupidly good looking. I hadn't stepped foot in a videogame store for years...possibly ever. I got a wicked powerful laptop and had a flight to Shanghai. I figured I'd buy a game and take some edge off the ridiculous flight. I walked into wearing Borelli monkstraps, Zegnasoft unstructured jacket and a 'fucking geeks, I'm too cool for this place' swagger. The sales associate was a...
bump