or Connect

Posts by Duff_Man

Emergency! blacktie ball tonight and I left my tux at home. Suggestions?
So...that was rather explosive.
damnit, I got held up until just now
In
I agree and disagree with you. I agree that school shootings remain disproportionate to measures taken. They are a 'Dread Risk.' But this is an increasing trend.But let's also look at why this is disturbing people (including yourself). Why is normalizing the sound of a gunshot so bad? Why is it okay to shoot a ton of people in the head in CoD but not to hear a gunshot in real life? There shouldn't be any negative consequences to this. How many mandatory fire drills are...
Some shots on the range with earpro sound very different than shots down the hall in a different room resonating around a bank of lockers.
The goal clearly isn't to create a fear culture. I actually agree that it's important for someone, regardless of age, to know what a gunshot sounds like vs. a slamming door, a blowing transformer, etc.
Okay, come on, this is a bit of a reach
The problem with this is that it creates a hesitance that makes it very difficult for an officer to do their job effectively. LEO brutality, etc. is a problem that exists deep in institutional bones. It's a cultural thing, a recruitment selection thing, a psych maintenance thing, etc. It can't be solved by playing with penalties or laws or code of conduct on their own.
No worries, I know 'mission creep' is a term. Using quotation marks on 'creep' alone is just meant to imply that this was the original intent all along, regardless of rhetoric. Sometimes SF guys are in the field with indigenous forces even when they're called 'trainers.' I think they only way to really be sure they aren't pulling triggers is if they're contracted by MPRI or L3 or something.