or Connect

Posts by lefty

The nights will most likely be freezing so you want something rated well under. If it's anything like my wife's guided hike to MP the guides will take very good care of you - cots and possibly stoves. I doubt you'll suffer.   lefty
KC is a little earnest in that movie, but I think a lot of that was Stone pushing him in that direction. Can't say he's a great actor, but will say that he's a very competent actor who played the lead in a number of my favourite movies.   Yes to Uncle Buck in a double feature with Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Think an eight year old can handle them.   lefty
Yeah, John Candy.     lefty
Got it - ordered two bags.    lefty
Kaplan dude ...     lefty
Dude...     lefty
Yes. Cool story.   If your kids dug that they (you) may be interested in the rerelease of the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set which came out today.     Everything you need to start playing the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Explore subterranean labyrinths! Plunder hoards of treasure! Battle legendary monsters! The Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set is your gateway to action-packed stories of the imagination. This box contains the essential rules of the game plus...
Without a doubt there's selfishness and entitlement going on, but I honestly believe that the couple beside me who commented on everything on the screen, including his reading of the subtitles aloud (pretty sure she wasn't illiterate), had no idea that this isn't acceptable behavior in a public theatre. This is the world we now live in.   Stitch, based on Kaplan's suggestions you could do a swashbuckling night with the little stitch. Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk, Treasure...
Did you visit Rabbit Island?   Yes to big timer. The Texas guy who bought topridge wanted to build a replica of Hagrid's cottage so he hired some British thatchers to grow the grass, fly it to the camp and install it. The people I visited on the lake are less than impressed.   Apparently these places rarely come on the open market, but when they do you're looking at 5-10M I guess.   Here's a nice one on Long Lake - http://www.adirondacklakegreatcamp.com/exterior.htm...
Probably passed each other on the road.   Yes to St Regis canoe area. YSR/LSR/Spitfire lake is boat access only chain that is part of the 7 carries route from Paul Smith's to the Saranac Inn.   USR is a somewhat of an old school great camp lake with the most famous being Camp Topridge - the former camp of Marjorie Merriweather Post, founder of General Foods.      lefty