or Connect

Posts by lefty

Can't say I know them. Just attended a fundraiser at their place. He opened his pub (imported lock, stock and I guess barrel from England) and offered me a 40-year-old scotch. I did my level best to put a dint into his 850M that night.   It's an odd place. Somewhat chopped up for the size.   lefty
 If that was the point it would have made more sense to focus on the guy who wrote the original commercial. A guy who just did his job and came up with a good spot. lefty
I thought the Birches' paid 40M for their place, but that could be after Ken Fulk got a hold of it.  I've been in this place. I could take or leave the rest, but liked the cerulean walls.   lefty
I'm as full of shit as everyone else, but my default position whenever I watch something is "fuck you, entertain me." Off to watch the finale of BB for the 10th time. lefty
^ So fucking awful.   The guy who wrote the Coke commercial stopped watching MM in the second season.    lefty
Didn't the Golgafrinchans send all the hairdressers, telephone sanitizers and interior decorators on the B Ark?     Last year, the lefette hired a decorating team to redo our LR for a magazine profile on her. I agreed as they had some furniture I wanted and were offering it for next to nothing for the credit. They wrote a narrative about our place and came over to present. I commented, somewhat lightly I thought. The next day they asked my wife for an emergency meeting -...
All dressed up and no date?   I'll go. Send me an email.   lefty
I hate to say I told you so...   So the finale is a comedy sketch.   Burned out ad man walks out of meeting to aimlessly wander the country until he ends up at an ashram where he endures hippie hijinks: walk around, touch faces, tell me how that makes you feel; until he listens to a whining bitch and realises that the only way out of the sht is to kill himself. The next morning, just before he leaps off the cliff a yogi says "hey man - don't worry, be happy" and the ad...
Fuck this city and these stupid fucking street fairs. lefty
Crisis averted.     Can't remember if I mentioned this, but I ran into Buck Kartalian a few years back who played Julius in the original and delivered the great line: "You know what they say, Human See, Human do."   I have a little video of him doing it, but it's too small to load to vimeo. It's great.   lefty