or Connect

Posts by lefty

Try one. You too will be a belieber.   lefty
For other stuff, other places; but for bagels, Montreal.   lefty
Fellows, fellows. It was a freezing night and we just wanted a quick beer to wash down the snack we ordered. There were only two beers on the menu so we both went with Gose.   It was undrinkable. Neither of us could finish more than half even after we tried exotic breathing exercises.  As gdl said, perhaps this was an off batch because the level of salt in it was off the charts. Posiedon couldn't piss in it and make it saltier.   That's all.    Carry on.   lefty
This isn't like transitioning from Macallan to Laphroaig. It's not an acquired taste.   It's combining two flavour profiles that don't belong together let alone in a beer. Christ, you could smell the salt from the table. We even tried to drink it like Russians, but no luck as we barely got through half. Thankfully, the waiter comped one of them.   It seems like some kind of rite of passage for hipster beer drinkers - "you can really taste the seawater and ume."   gdl...
Is that the shit we couldn't drink last night? Holy fuck was that beer terrible.   lefty
I think it would be pretty good for socializing.   www.pk24.com   lefty
 I love that the LA Soho club refuses to let the Kardashians join.   Have not seen. Post pics please. lefty
 They are the cunts behind The Battery. I'm surprised it took SanFo so long to have a douchebag private club. I take my business to the Elk Club where the weight room has torture devices from the 18th century and the pop machine is stocked with cans of Michelob.  I'm pretty sure when you have the kind of money they do the idea of not doing something because it's a challenge doesn't really factor in.  In this thread we are all "Ken Fulk". fulky
If they are they can easily change. At least they're spending their money in fun and interesting ways.   Those walls glow in real life. Have to think it is many coats of real lacquer.   lefty
Can't say I know them. Just attended a fundraiser at their place. He opened his pub (imported lock, stock and I guess barrel from England) and offered me a 40-year-old scotch. I did my level best to put a dint into his 850M that night.   It's an odd place. Somewhat chopped up for the size.   lefty