or Connect

Posts by yahtzee

It may be in this thread or it may be located somewhere else, but there was a user not to long ago that was ragging on us for using skin care products and saying "just stick to water." At the time, I was going to reply back to him and tell him to F-off, but I may need to tell him that he may be onto something. I had an accident that prohibited me from using my right hand. Therefore, I could only really wash my face with water using my left hand and even that was a weird...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 +infinity I wouldn't even bother with them. These girls will be wondering what happened to you for a little bit when you don't text or respond and then they'll disappear and find some other guy that they can string along. When I was younger I would chase women to whom I was attracted to the ends of the earth and get nowhere. +1 Wow. Close the thread... the best response has been posted. I went through...
Starting to feel that the only slim fit shirt is to buy your favorite brand and have it tailored. Either the waist has too much fabric, the sides are too baggy, or the sleeves are too baggy. Thanks a lot America. Keep eating more.
I go into the Brooks Brothers store this morning and ask if they have any of the extra slim fit shirts in white with the Ainsley collar. They tell me 'No. It's only available on our website.' I'm so done with BB. They, of course, had plenty of button collar shirts in stock. One of my non-iron BB shirts already ripped in the sleeve.
Quote: Originally Posted by juuceman Amex Platinum rate for one club is $136/month. They give you a few amenities (personal training sessions basically) over and above the standard massage and pilates package everyone gets when joining. That rate is WEAK. I think a regular member is quoted $140/month.
Quote: Originally Posted by Night Owl ive gotten some pm about the cheap Equinox so heres the way to get it cheap through sony https://store.station.sony.com/hardg...-MG0308-IS2PRE hope that helps Thanks for the link..but... uhh?
Quote: Originally Posted by Boston Tweed I was a member in Boston with a corporate rate and I was paying around $90/month. It is now $110 a month, which is still on the absolute high end of the Boston market. I know that the club is at around 50% of their membership targets after being open for two years, so they are hurting. I will also second (or third, or fifth) the comments on them that their sales reps are awful. My girlfriend joined and got my...
Quote: Originally Posted by fredfred All health clubs have seen a decline in membership due to the economy. LA Sports Club is the nicest club in NYC - but they are rather pricey. I think the joining fee is $2300 or something, then monthly fees. It'll cost $140 - or maybe 10-15% off if you get a discount. Insist they waive the enrollment fee and they will. Their price is in line with what you get. It's a nicer place than cruch/nysc, but it costs...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Why on earth would you NOT want to see the facilities if you're considering joining? Oh I will definitely see the facilities, however I wanted some fee figures before I go in. I don't want to wait hear a number when I am there and then have it slammed with a bunch of statements right after like "ohh.. but this your health." I want a figure ahead of time so I can go in with some idea of what to try to knock...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowndes I am curious about this too. I tried to get a membership this past summer while I was in NYC and they were impossible to deal with. Called to get a quote and they wouldn't tell me. Asked how much the Platinum card discount is 10%, etc. and they wouldn't tell me. Asked if I could talk with their membership consultants on the phone and they said no you must make an appointment. Argh.. this was what I...