Posts by AHS

I love thrifting shoes, because you can find pairs that guys bring to goodwill after wearing once or twice. Suits can have piss stains... Pants altered... Ties can have food stains or runs... AHS
Slightly off-topic as this thread has concentrated on Florsheims, Hanovers, etc and other US-made shoes. But here is a pair of vintage Edward Greens for Brooks Brothers. Photographed right out of the box after I picked them up on eBay for $40 plus shipping. It will be fun to work on these. AHS
Quick run yielded two nice finds. AHS
Purchased these a couple weeks ago from the Armoury in New York. Here is their description: The 80105 oxford by Carmina sits on the chiseled and sleek Simpson Last. A favorite of Armoury clients worldwide, this semi-brogued captoe oxford has clean lines and is an ideal choice for suits and sport coats. The Simpson Last is Carmina's narrowest fitting last, characterized by a sharper, chiseled toe and a lower toe box. Asking $249 OBO and $18.45 for the shipping USPS...
Thanks again, Jeff. New ones working out very well. Carmina Simpson 80105 out on their maiden voyage.AHS
Brag-worthy? Ehhhhhh... maybe / maybe not. But I sure think it is cool. Very old and small Brioni, peal lapel, black velvet. 36/46. AHS
Had some time this afternoon to hit a few places. Huge Zegna suit. Small stain that better come out. Very old. Vents but older inner tag. But I can't leave brioni behind. And two pairs of black shell Alden Loafers. One a bit beat up and restored by Alden. The other identical pair are in pretty good shape. Will need a little TLC before they go up for sale. AHS
Family and work obligations severely limited my thrifting time this weekend... but I had a great Goodwill score Saturday afternoon. Honestly, one of the nicest things I've ever found. Navy blue. (And my third recent Isaia in the past month.) Sorry, N/A. AHS
A quick stop at goodwill before lunch. RLBL Suitsupply orphan Brooks Brothers made in Italy suit. Recent Hickey Freeman suit. Nice pattern... Brioni suit Isaia suit I love thrifting... AHS
Couple slightly better photos of the Dege & Skinner suit from yesterday. 3-button stance shows it's age, but double-vents, working cuffs, etc... Second photo of the cuff better captures the real color: blue with a light blue stripe. It's a cautionary tale for a savile row suit... 35 years (and 5,350 miles later) you end up on a Goodwill rack. AHS