or Connect

Posts by AHS

I love these. IMHO the best shoe in the galaxy!AHS
PM sent. Hope to hear from you ASAP (and before I buy a pair on eBay!) Thanks.
Hi. I would be interested in buying a new or slightly-used pair in a US 10. Price negotiable. Thanks! AHS
Interesting article today from PTO on caring for shell. Seems almost blasphemous to me to suggest anything but the mac method. http://putthison.com/ "How to Raise a Shine on Shell Cordovan Want to know a dirty secret? Shell cordovan – that durable and robust leather known for its luster – doesn’t stay shiny for long. It can look pretty dull after a year’s worth of wear, and afterwards, it’s hard to get that factory-fresh gleam again. Readers of online menswear...
Believe me... I know how lucky I am. Only thing that would have made me happier would have been finding a pair of the Polo or RL Marlow wingtips in a size 10.
Thanks, gents. They cost me $25. The thrift store had put them out marked at $50 - probably because they were new - but were having a 1/2 price sale on everything. AHS
Two brag-worthy thrifts in the last two days: Cross post from the C&J Lauren shell thread. Marlow penny loafers with the warmer, lighter brown shell that distinguishes the older models vs the more recent C&J for RL. Unworn with a little bit of shop wear. Paid $25. And a very recent Isaia navy blue sportcoat. Unstructured, working cuffs, etc... Paid $16. Sorry for the crappy photos. AHS
Thanks all for the confirmation. Unfortunately, they are too big. But I have a very good consignor that will put them on eBay for me. PM coming your way. I just happen to be looking for a pair of wingtip Marlows to complement my PTBs!AHS
Just found these at a local thrift store. 99% sure they are shell Marlows but can anyone confirm? They are brand new, with some shop wear, making it a little hard to tell if they are shell or calf. Also, I almost always wear shell or suede shoes so I'm not the best person to judge new calf! Thanks AHS
C&J for Polo Marlow PTBs this morning. AHS