or Connect

Posts by AHS

I've been hunting for barrie lasts in 10 A/C. Just received these. Wingtip boot (4461) on the not so mean streets of San Francisco. AHS
Thanks. Enabling is what styleforum is all about!Happy holidays to you!
I'm wearing mine today with a suit. But it is a slow, quiet day at the office. These are casual shoes. But that's one of the reasons why I like them so much. I keep a relatively small rotation of shoes, normally 6 - 7 pairs, but most are formal (longwings, shortwings, PTBs). I appreciate having something that I will most often wear with jeans or khakis. Slightly off topic... But has anyone seen the next BBBF offerings of shoes? I wonder if they will be doing any more...
Maiden voyage this morning for the BBBF double monks I picked up right before Xmas. Color a bit more subdued in real life. AHS
These are great. IMO shell looks best when it develops an "uneven" (if that is the right word) patina.AHS
Looking much better after very generous applications of Lexol. But I'm still shocked by how dry these get. My Polo C&J ptbs don't have this issue. AHS
So much for a consensus! Thanks, all, for the suggestions. It's so odd... I've owned Alden, AE, and even vintage florsheim and hanover shells. Never experienced anything like like this before. AHS
Was there any general consensus on how to best treat the recent RL marlow models with dry shell? I've been applying saphir reno and their cordovan cream over the past couple months to my shortwings, but the problem still persists. AHS
Reduced from $698 to $418. And BB had a special this week - at least in the San Francisco stores - of an additional 30% off your purchase if you spend $300 or more.
I picked up a pair this afternoon. (Thanks again, ReppTiePrepster, for your advice and help with sizing.) With the discount I paid under $300.I plan to wear them (occasionally) with a suit But IMO these are casual shoes. And pretty great ones at that.AHS