or Connect

Posts by AHS

Some of us wouldn't care about the spot... Some of us (me included) would.It obviously bothers you, so you should return them.AHS
Quick questions... What do you all think about Carmina's Simpson last? Can a shoe be too sleek? AHS
Those are really nice. Sorry they didn't fit you.Is the Detroit last too wide for you?
Absolutely stunning...Congratulations, Watchman1!AHS
Very nice pair of Edward Green Unlined Suede Loafers Slippers. I just picked these up on eBay. They are marked as a size 10. This would typically translate to a US 10.5. But I am a US 10.5 -- sometimes even a narrow 11 -- and they are (unfortunately) just too small on me. Perhaps they were intended for the US market and they are a US 10? Color is a little darker and more vibrant in real life. Sorry for my awful iphone photos. Could use a good cleaning / brushing /...
Here is a nice photo, taken by SF member Brianpore, of the shoes. He sold them for me on ebay.In addition to sunbathing them, I also gave them some nifty red vibram soles.AHS
Help Needed!! Would a C width on an older pair of EGs on the 202 last be the equivalent of a US B or C width? I haven't worn a 202 in a while, but I believe it is wider in the toebox that other EG lasts? Thank you, in advance, for your assistance. AHS
I didn't. I should have.. but I didn't. The Florsheims were a 1/2 size too small so I ended up selling them on ebay.On an unrelated note, I used Venetian Shoe Cream for the first time yesterday. Great stuff! Better, IMO, than the saphir I have used in the past.AHS
Excuse me for pulling up an old post... but does anyone else do this with their shells? Last summer I left a pair of vintage Florsheims out in the sun for almost a month. They developed a really vibrant, almost cherry, color.AHS
Watchman1, those are just beautiful. Congratulations! My office smells like vintage Florsheim shell and saphir products Much work to be done on these.... AHS