or Connect

Posts by AHS

It has been a very slow few weeks for me. But found some things at lunchtime. This was the highlight. AHS
Last week I ordered a Drake's cotton charcoal tie. Great sale price even before the extra 15% kicker. http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/hand-rolled-charcoal-cotton-tie.html Received it this afternoon and couldn't be happier. Great tie... packaged beautifully... and it included a nice, friendly note from Kyle. What more could a customer ask for? AHS
Ha! I immediately sent David / @vcleat an email when I found these on eBay at a great price. Looks like they are from 1991. 97626 model. Seems pretty identical to the 93605 save the double row of nails on the heel.A few more quick shots. Sorry that my iPhone camera doesn't do these any justice.AHS
Vintage Florsheim Royal Imperials. Really great condition - especially considering their age. AHS
FWIW, I used to go to Franz but stopped about two years ago. Just too expensive.Since then I've been going to Roberto's Tailor shop located above Cable Car Clothes. Very reasonable prices and turnaround time. I try to work directly with the owner (Roberto, I assume), even though he's kind of a grump. I've been very happy with them.https://m.yelp.com/biz/robertos-tailor-shop-san-franciscoAHS
Limited time to thrift over the weekend and the results were not impressive. Still... a few decent things: AHS
Yes - wrote that above the photos. Both linen.AHS
Found two nice RLPL linen long sleeve shirts. Size L. Anyone want them? (At cost plus shipping.) Let me know asap.... They were a bit pricey at $14 per. But I couldn't leave them behind. Blue / white check and a (more muted than my photo) light green / white check. AHS
Gentlemen... What do you think about the Robert last: fit and looks? I have tried Simpson (too narrow) and Rain (too wide -- at least in the heel). The images on the Armoury site look a bit blobby (if that is the right word?) to me. Looks better on the skoak website... But it is still hard for me to tell. AHS
I love seeing T&A tailored clothing. I think it goes back to walking into their stores years ago on Jermyn St -- and on 57th street in NYC -- and feeling both thrilled and intimidated by my surroundings.And very wise move with the wife. My thrift finds are stored in my office. AHS