or Connect

Posts by AHS

Oliver Spencer overcoat. Size 40. Medium weight and in perfect condition. Brown. Working Cuffs. Made in EU Must admit that I wasn't familiar with Oliver Spencer. Probably going up on the Streetwear Denim B&S thread. AHS
I have narrow feet: 11 B. Over the years I have worn shoes that offer narrow widths and models with narrow lasts. But there have been shoes (like some narrow Meermin double monks I purchased over the summer) that still don't fit right. My heels come up in them and I worry that I am getting too much creasing across the top. Any ideas? I've tried liners but never liked them. Heavier socks? Tongue pads? AHS
Recrafted last week (including new foot-bed and new JR sole) by Nick of B. Nelson in NYC. I decided that these are just too big for my 11 B feet. Signature Thom Browne detailing including red, white, and blue ribbon tab (slightly dirty - could use a cleaning). Pebbled Grain Calf Skin Leather in good condition. Made in England Shoe trees not included. Price includes shipping CONUS. PM re international shipping. Thanks for looking. Send me a note if you have any...
Recrafted last week (including new foot-bed and new JR sole) by Nick of B. Nelson in NYC. I decided that these are just too big for my 11 B feet. Signature Thom Browne detailing including red, white, and blue ribbon tab (slightly dirty - could use a cleaning). Pebbled Grain Calf Skin Leather in good condition. Made in England Shoe trees not included. Price includes shipping CONUS. PM re international shipping. Thanks for looking. Send me a note if you have any...
Great shoes! Is this the medium brown?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Perforated-Captoes/MH00024,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00024_Color=BLCK&contentpos=2&cgid=0522 That's what customer service wrote me. "The captoe is made by Alden and unfortunately we are unable to provide the last. They are true to size and am told very comfortable." I am suspicious because of the price ($368) and that they look (to me) like the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue. If they are Aldens, I would hope they would be included in either...
Billy Reid Wool Herringbone Blazer / Sportcoat US 38 R Recently purchased, but (unfortunately) the fit just didn't work for me. More traditional fit than some other Billy Reid jackets. MSRP of $650. Completely brand new with tags, no flaws or odors. Made in Italy Classic black / off-white herringbone pattern. The label reads: 100% wool shell, 66% cotton and 34% silk lining, 100% viscose sleeve lining. The jacket is partially lined Approximate measurements (I've tried...
PRICE DROP TO $219 Purchased these from Meermin during the summer, but (unfortunately) the fit just didn't work for me. Beautiful shoes... Take a look at the photos: I probably wore them 5 or 6 times. Brushed regularly and kept in trees. Additional info available here. http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 There is, as well, a very long thread on SF dedicated to Meermin. Note that the New Rey is a sleeker, narrow last. Let me know if you have any questions....
I've decided to get rid of my pair of the linea maestro dark brown double monks (New Rey last). UK 10 / US 11. Great shoes.. but the fit wasn't right for my narrow feet. I probably wore them 5 - 6 times. Let me know if you are interested. I'll be posting soon on the buying / selling thread. (Hope doing this is not bad form!) AHS
Just ordered a Drakes: navy with white circles.Nice way to end my evening.AHS