or Connect

Posts by AHS

Thanks. I went up 1/2 size. I have narrow feet, and I am typically a US 10.5 C in most shoes. (10 C in the Alden Barrie last.)My first pair of Simpson last shoes were a 9.5 in calf but they were just too tight to be comfortable, even after approx 5-6 wears. (I have also worn Carminas in Forrest lasts, and while 9.5 is good for length I found them too wide in the toe box area.)This pair of Simpson shells are a size 10 and they feel great.Hope that is helpful.AHS
These arrived yesterday. Ruby shell on the Simpson last. Maiden voyage this morning -- shot in the San Francisco sunshine. They are a little bit more subdued indoors. AHS
Great shoes. Which last are these on?
Excuse my ignorance, but would a "D" last be comparable to a US "C" width?If so, would a Rain "D" last be similar in fitting to a standard Simpson last?
My best tie haul ever... Three recent visits to the same place yielded about 50 ties. Each was $2.50 - $7.50. Here are most of them: Approx 20 Brionis, 18 Kitons, 7 Charvets, and assorted Sulka, T&A, Drakes, Isaias, etc... Three of f the Kitons has small stains or pulls. Everything else pretty minty. Sorry for the lousy photos.. but beautiful pics starting to come up on @Brianpore's ebay site. AHS
Expecting any new Carminas in the Robert or Forest lasts? AHS
Thanks, Shawl Lapel. That's very helpful.Have you tried the Forrest last? If a 9.5 on the Simpson last is just too tight on the vamp and toe box, I'm wondering if a 9.5 Forrest might work well.AHS
Sorry for the cross post from the carmina sizing thread... But I need some help ASAP. I recently picked up a pair of Carminas 9.5 on the simpson last. The length is fine but -- after a few wears -- is just a bit too cramped in the toe box and a little tight across the vamp. I'm thinking about going up a 1/2 size and ordering the same shoe in a 10. I'm expecting a little more width but will they be too long? AHS
Help please. I recently picked up a beautiful pair of Carminas 9.5 on the simpson last. The length is fine but -- after a few wears -- is just a bit too cramped in the toe box and a little tight across the vamp. I'm thinking about going up a 1/2 size and ordering the same shoe in a 10. I'm expecting a little more width but will they be too long? AHS
Agreed. My first pair of Carminas are waiting for me at work. Making me look forward to Monday morning.