or Connect

Posts by AHS

My best tie haul ever... Three recent visits to the same place yielded about 50 ties. Each was $2.50 - $7.50. Here are most of them: Approx 20 Brionis, 18 Kitons, 7 Charvets, and assorted Sulka, T&A, Drakes, Isaias, etc... Three of f the Kitons has small stains or pulls. Everything else pretty minty. Sorry for the lousy photos.. but beautiful pics starting to come up on @Brianpore's ebay site. AHS
Expecting any new Carminas in the Robert or Forest lasts? AHS
Thanks, Shawl Lapel. That's very helpful.Have you tried the Forrest last? If a 9.5 on the Simpson last is just too tight on the vamp and toe box, I'm wondering if a 9.5 Forrest might work well.AHS
Sorry for the cross post from the carmina sizing thread... But I need some help ASAP. I recently picked up a pair of Carminas 9.5 on the simpson last. The length is fine but -- after a few wears -- is just a bit too cramped in the toe box and a little tight across the vamp. I'm thinking about going up a 1/2 size and ordering the same shoe in a 10. I'm expecting a little more width but will they be too long? AHS
Help please. I recently picked up a beautiful pair of Carminas 9.5 on the simpson last. The length is fine but -- after a few wears -- is just a bit too cramped in the toe box and a little tight across the vamp. I'm thinking about going up a 1/2 size and ordering the same shoe in a 10. I'm expecting a little more width but will they be too long? AHS
Agreed. My first pair of Carminas are waiting for me at work. Making me look forward to Monday morning.
Will be stopping by the trunk show. But unable to join you all for dinner. AHS
Thank you! I love SF
Quick questions for the AE experts on SF. At an estate sale yesterday I came across a really nice pair of shell Cambridge shortwings. Great shoes... but crappy iPhone photos Unfortunately they are too small for me so will post them on eBay and/or the buying - selling thread. 1. Does AE always use Horween shell? (Don't want to falsely advertise these if they don't.) 2. Are these are on the 5 last? What is "comb"? Thanks in advance, AHS
Very wise words. And helpful.AHS