or Connect

Posts by AHS

Nice pair of Vintage FLORSHEIM shell cordovan longwing shoes. US 10.5 D Made in the USA Longwing model 92649 Black Horween shell cordovan Shell cordovan in really nice condition - no bad dry patches that are common with older shell shoes. Original V-cleat heel and 5-nail soles. Please excuse my awful iPhone photos. I took some shots indoors and outdoors to give you a better sense of their very good condition. Sorry, trees not included. Shipping is $16.05 CONUS for...
+1. I'll also be auctioning some good items through @Brianpore.Spoo, thank you for starting this and for rallying the community.AHS
Slightly better photos of the Sulka cashmere sweaters from yesterday. So nice and luxurious. AHS
I usually pass on Sulka. Often old, dated, or in bad condition... But I wasn't leaving these behind. Two very thick cashmere sweaters. AHS
More vintage Florsheim shell longwings. AHS
Congrats! I know that's an older label, but the sportcoat looks very current. Fit looks great, too.AHS
Many in this thread already know about the "shell hunter's guide". Originally compiled by someone on askandy, this is an updated version on another site. Very helpful for buying shoes on eBay.http://fityn.com/official-shell-cordovan-shoes-model-numbers-guide/AHS
I did a little research after reading your post the other evening. It looks like Florsheim started offering shell in several different colors in 2014. I guess their return to the market (and to compete against Alden and AE?) didn't go very well.AHS
Will you let us know how these are? Quality, finishing, last, etc... It's interesting that Florsheim is selling shells again. (Say that three times fast!) Or maybe they stopped again if this is a close-out. I understand that Nettleton -- another great US shoemaker that went downhill -- is also making Horween shell cordovan shoes again.AHS
Oops - forgot about the awesomeness that is this thread. (X-post from the thrift thread.) AHS