or Connect

Posts by refinery

I visited Suitsupply's store in Houston a week ago and am looking to throw down up to 1k (max 1.2k) on a nice navy suit. I just got a job after college and want a nice suit on special occasions such as company dinners, important meetings, etc. I fell in love with the Sienna line they have and it's about 629 OTR. The 36R fit me the best bit was a TAD tight in the chest and about 1/4" too short in the sleeves. I talked to an associate/employee there and he told me a made...
Thanks! I think I'll bite on the BD small oxford.
What do you personally think then?I'm 5'8", 160lbs, 30-31 waist, 15.5/33 dress shirt.H&M small easy iron shirts are very fitted on me (but not too small/tight).Really iffy on the Small vs Medium now because some of the oxford colors I prefer are now one or the other. Just looking for more opinions. The more the merrier.
Do you have both AD and BD cuts? Is there a major difference if you do have both? I might just go the safer route and go for the AD and get it darted if necessary then.
That's good to know. I remember trying on BB's ESF and it was a tad much in the waist but "good enough" on the rest. I mostly have an issue with the waist on most shirts but for a casual oxford shirt i definitely want more room.If WvG's before dinner oxford in small is a tad roomier in the chest/waist than H&M's easy iron shirts in small then it would be perfect.Gonna try to fish for more comparisons before I bite due to no exchanges/returns for WvG's final sales.
I've never worn GBV before. How does it compare to BR, Express, H&M, or Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit? I'm extremely familiar with mall brands really and trying to expand my wardrobe since I picked up an actual job graduating college.
Hey guys, I just heard of WvG recently and really tempted to throw down 50 bucks for one of their OCBDs on final sale. Tried to look for fit reviews and such but I couldn't find anything really. I'm 5'8", 160-165lbs (I binge eat often). A small H&M button down is pretty snug on me and honestly the best fitting OTR in terms of sleeve length, chest, waist, shoulders. BB ESF was a bit baggy IMO, How would a WvG OBCD before dinner in small compare if anyone has their...
Hi, I have a question about the fit of Aquascutum slim fits. Comparable to Express/UC of Benetton/Hugo Boss Black or other mall brands, how does the Aquascutum slim fits squeeze in between those brands and etc.?
Hi, I have a question about the fit of Aquascutum slim fits. Comparable to Express/UC of Benetton/Hugo Boss Black or other mall brands, how does the Aquascutum slim fits squeeze in between those brands and etc.?
How is sporting a messenger bag (satchel to be more specific)? This isn't mine, but one of the top images from Google. It looks similar, not identical. Also the strap isn't leather, which makes it look more casual unfortunately. It's not a match made in heaven with suits, but I was wondering what the general consensus is.