or Connect

Posts by sifl

Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Just bought these. They are pure sex. Almost creamed my pants when I saw them. These are pretty. I could see myself snuggling nicely inside one of them. I don't understand the plastic shoetrees however. Mantellassi should definitely stop shipping shoes with plastic trees.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung When is a three-piece appropriate, if not in business? Mostly magazine spreads, professions that are not business related (e.g. academia), formal but not black-tie evenings, more fashion-forward or trendy business professions. The days three-piece suits were conservative business dress are very long gone. They are now more trendy than conservative.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff the idea that being well put together cuts against you is false. This is not what I claim. Being well put together is great and respectful of the other meeting attendees. However, some clothing choices can be seen as ostentatious or "over the top", correct? I contend that in many professions these days, a three-piece suit would be seen as ostentatious and an attempt at showing off, rather than an...
Nice try Mr Vox but this picture is not you. It is Mr Bush Jr.
Don't think it's appropriate in most professions. Especially if the meeting involves a client, I would consider a three-piece suit as too ostentatious.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Among widely known examples, do you think that Luciano Barbera and Luca Rubinacci are bad ones? Yes the Luca Rubinacci counter-example you used is a terrible one. He is anything but attempting careless elegance. He is on the contrary doing his best to dandify the classic style that his father promotes. He is all about adding popping colours and splashy details, certainly not a good picture to illustrate...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant If you were well read here you'd know why I am one of the last at whom you should direct that criticism. (so stop jerking off on my picture) oh no! I was made the object of an ownage funny!
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant Because one should alays choose images that refute one's case? Damn... no wonder I sucked in Debate You still have a little bit left on the side of your mouth. slurp slurp
Mr Vox, your exposé and illustrations would be certainly convincing if they were not so blatantly biased and carefully picked to favor your theories.
Luciano Barbera said that when he got his first suit made, his tailor Mario Pozzi told him to wear it for the next two days and sleep in it.