or Connect

Posts by Agatha Crusty

There still seems to be dozens upon dozens of people who are stupid enough to fritter away money on brand prestige; even when the revered names are openly rehashed operations run by venture capitalists trading on past prestige. They must laugh at all the clowns dropping half a month's salary on a bag made in an Asian 'workshop' and successfully marketed with an aura of tradition which helps the customer delude himself that it actually might have been stitched together by...
I suppose this thread is about crochet ties and not grenadines - which is what Connery is wearing in those two Bond photos. I wear them and I also see them with some frequency, though less so than regular silk ties. To my mind a quality silk knit is rather stylish and not just a casual tie. I don't really care whether they can or can't be found in a L. Fellows illustration from donkeys years ago, or what the self-appointed style administrators of the blogosphere think is...
No, white, pink and pale blue.
Thank you.That's some good and useful detail for me. Yes I've done the work myself and on two occasions I've come up against the issue of the shorter back causing flair from the waist to the vents. Knowing that sometimes fiddling about in the wrong place trying to remedy things can cause even more problems, I thought I'd just probe this thread for a little knowledge. I've gone through pile of cheap thrift jackets performing this alteration before having a go on a suit I...
Could you explain this a little more? I understand the idea that the back can end up shorter (I've done it), but I'm not quite sure what you mean by opening the sides and raising the back up. Would that not make it even shorter?
I've done this alteration, in fact from a more detailed explanation you gave me in a pm. The two issues I came across were some rippling right at the point where the armhole hits the sleeve-head and some loss of balance in regard to the back length. In the alteration I opened the shoulder seams to only within a centimetre or two of the sleeve-heads (as any further is a headache). The loss of back length is obviously due to the lift , but I expected it to be less. I'm...
How ludicrous. So what does such a forum exist for? Or is that just my questions? Considering your avatar methinks it was the shiny shoe gibe that probably upset you most.
Utterly pathetic response rate. Now everyone can go back to comparing pictures of shiny shoes...
Perhaps I'm expecting a little more than a quoted post to fill a reply!It's a bit disingenuous to say 'you can wear what you want'. If I was wearing a four button jacket with no vents and the sleeves rolled up it would be my choice, but people might have a few opinions on its stylistic merits, or lack thereof!The question is: are low buttoning points, which disappeared somewhat after the 1980s, anywhere on the style map?
I'll jump straight in with this. A lot of the two button RTW jackets out there button quite high. With the top button done up it is often a good 2 or even 2 1/2 inches above the natural waist. I don't mind this at all and it's not a criticism of it, but I wondered if anyone has noticed any trend changes in the lowering of buttoning points, somewhat like how wider lapels have resurfaced after the period of ever-narrowing lapels a la Mad Men? The reason I ask is that I have...