or Connect

Posts by LTM

pm'd.
Could you give the waist, inseam and hem measurements please?
Herring Shoes has one I recall.
Hiking is my main hobby so thank you to all of you for an interesting gear discussion. As you are doing a series of day walks I think you can avoid most of the modern synthetic fibre 'technical' gear. While most of my walking has been in Australia's mild climate I have done some in the Himalaya, North Africa etc. I much prefer spending the day in cotton and wool depending on temperature, the synthetic fibre gear leaves me sweating far more than I like. Remember that...
I would email the staff at Pediwear as they are very helpful with this issue.
I am in Australia and use the UK site and VAT has always been deducted.
I went on the same search six months ago. The Herring shoes website carries the Loake, Cheaney, Church and Trickers suede wingtips. Shipton and Heneage have a suede wingtip monkstrap that I am thinking of getting although I am not sure of the shape. apologies but I don't know how to paste the links.
Some Rossi (Rossiters) boots are still made in SA, if not all. The walking boots are great and they still make their ripples.
OK Chef well I am 32-33 waist, 31 inseam and 21 thigh. I tried both the 32 and 33 LE tailored fit. I measured the widest part of the chinos in the thigh, both 12' across lying flat, ie, 24' circumfrence, so they would be too slim for you I would imagine. Perhaps the classic fit 33 would have the extra you need? The leg opening of the LE tailored fit is 8", whereas the ones yuo get in myer, 32 waist and inseam are usually between 9" and 10" I notice.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheChefs What is the fit like of the chinos you have mentioned? Especially through thighs, which is important for me since I'm one of those athletic shaped freaks with largish thighs and small waist. I like the herringbone chinos fit and quality wise (I own 1 pair), I just don't like the price. Do you know how the above brands compare? I'm very wary when it comes to ordering pants online... I have also recently...