or Connect

Posts by tjchung

Quote: Originally Posted by joelmthw preciate the tip about singapore air ive heard whey protein is really hard to find there and i should bring it over? fact or fiction? There are GNC's all over the place in Seoul, the capital. Not too sure about the other cities. Pusan, the second largest has all the modern amenities you'd expect, just like Seoul. The price is a bit higher, but Korean Air has always been my favorite airline for...
Quote: Originally Posted by TimH I had a chat with Tim this evening and have sent him some pictures as he knows of nobody in the States with the knowledge on vintage luggage. I've also sent him this SF link so all being well his expert eye will be able to assess your lovely bags. You might enjoy a look at his wonderful shop via the website. Best Tim http://www.bentleyslondon.com/welcome.asp Thank you TimH. Pretty mouth watering collection...
Quote: Originally Posted by TimH These bags are wondeful pieces and should you be able to find anyone to make them today, the cost would make your eyes water. I made a couple some years ago and always knew this frame style as a Vanderbilt as opposed to a Gladstone which has a clam like action. I still have frames for each of them but feel reluctant to make any more until I know more frames can be sourced. They look to be in decent condition so I would...
I know people in Europe who've spent a few years living on converted river barges. Some of these vessels are beautifully converted. Mooring is cheap, but you have to pay for drinking water and sewage disposal. Also don't even think about cable tv or wired hi-speed internet. But thats still cheaper than paying Europe's high property taxes. An since all of these barges have on board generators, electricity and heat is much cheaper than paying the gov't. Mooring is...
Quote: Originally Posted by zenzie Hi There, These are really wonderful bags. I noticed you mentioned you won't be using the two larger ones. Would you consider selling one of them - if you still have them? I'd be more interested in one of the ones with straps...I've looked all over and can't seem to find one =(. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance! Sorry for the late reply, and sorry but they're not for sale at the moment.
An absolutely awesome leather briefcase, words just don’t do it justice. I bought it for travel, and took it on one trip. But it’s too big for my 5’10” frame and I ended up getting a “Large” size instead from the same company. But on that one trip, every stewardess on the plane asked me about the bag, so that says something. The leather has got to be seen/felt/smelled to be believed. The quality of the full grain leather is such that it’ll scuff and scrape, but all those...
Just received my jacket and I am very impressed. Great seller, good communications and prompt shipment. I ordered the last XXL he had, and although it sounds a little unflattering to wear such a large size, it just goes to show how these Belstaff jackets are so slim and fitted. For reference, I wear a size Large Barbour Sapper jacket, and I wear a size X-Large Barbour Lumely, which is from their new, more fitted contemporary line. And by this I mean I can comfortably...
[quote=Material Boy;2649319] Quote: Originally Posted by tjchung OK, so I have 2 Barbour wax cotton coats and love them both. One is a Barbour Lumely that I bought at a local Orvis shop. The other is a Sapper that I got on sale at the local Macys. Which Macys carry Barbour? The Flagship Macy's store at Herald Square in Manhattan, NYC.
OK, so I have 2 Barbour wax cotton coats and love them both. One is a Barbour Lumely that I bought at a local Orvis shop. The other is a Sapper that I got on sale at the local Macys. However, the Lumely, which is the more expensive of the 2 has no origin of manufacture written on the lable. The Sapper has "Made in England" written on its label. So this got me thinking, does Barbour sub-con out its more recent contemporary line, such as the Lumley to other countries,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ozymandias The anime is based on an auto-biography about a guy loosing his little sister to malnutrition. Do you really have any evidence that the reason it was released was to promote Japanese propaganda? I think you could say that Saving Private Ryan was part of America's plan to promote heroism and bravery during the war, but really people eat these stories faster that hotcakes. It sells. Propoganda can be as...