or Connect

Posts by aravenel

Definitely. Some of the Iron Islands stuff drags on eternally as well.Somewhere I saw a list where a fan went through and listed only the chapters in AFfC that were really necessary to get the plot and understand what happened to everyone--a sort of abridged version. It was like 60% the length of the full version.I mean, on one level, I enjoyed reading this stuff because I'm a fan. But let's be honest--if I weren't, I never would have finished AFfC. It's like GRRM got so...
You can't tell me there's nothing you can cut from book four. Five is admittedly much better, but four needed some editing, to be kind.
Depends on what the books end up being like. If they are full of fluff like books four and five, they could easily cut them way down. You could easily fit most of the content from books four and five into a little more than one season. [[SPOILER]]
GoT was just renewed for seasons five *and* six. It's as if they were just like "who the fuck are we kidding, everyone know's we're going to keep going."
Ha, this was exactly my first thought as well. Granted, I cook a lot, which is not the norm in New York. For lots of people, I'm sure this isn't a concern at all.
+1, move on.
Most of those I quite like, Clags. I have several burgundy ties that I wear frequently. It's fire-engine red that's just about impossible to do well IMO. In response to OtherTravel's question, I'd say that tie is a bit too primary-color red for me. Not the worst I've ever seen, but I'd look for something a bit more on the burgundy end of things.
Not to mention impossibly packed on the weekend. We actually go there reasonably often for brunch, but almost never for drinks.
Sigh. Still not much but potatoes and cabbage here.
Well, I'd have gone the full bespoke already if I could afford it. That's by far the biggest thing holding me back. I want the choice (fabric, styling, etc, which I can get mostly from the MTM), I want the fit, but I also want the process--like most of us here, I'm something of a clothing geek who likes that whole process. Again though, I, and most of us here, are far from the average buyer.I think the biggest thing that would accelerate my move to full bespoke, short of...