or Connect

Posts by aravenel

Very much depends on what type of work you are trying to do.And define "no point"--at what point in your career? Compared to what? Are you a Rhodes scholar weighing options from MBB, Goldman, and a HF or PE firm or two? Probably not. Otherwise, there is almost certainly merit in considering it if you don't get into a MBB.Unfortunately there's no simple answer there.I will say that if you are coming out of school and are set on consulting, I would absolutely apply to at...
That's awfully self-aware of you.It seems like a much more practical alternative to a several-thousand-dollar wood burning oven to me. I like to tinker with pizza, but get tired of trying to trick my home oven into getting hot enough, heating up the house, etc. Seems like something like that is the perfect alternative.That makes sense re: a dinner party. Seems like the kinda thing you'd have to do very casually, not as a sit-down type affair.
How do you like it? I really want one of those.
It's summer, the Stupid Tourist Quotient is greatly increased.
Apparently Martin isn't writing an episode for season 5 as he has for previous seasons so that he can focus on finishing TWoW. http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/26/george-r-r-martin-wont-writing-episode-season-5-talks-winds-winter-prologue/ All I can say is... Thank God.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. We were broken into about six months ago and it's the worst. You just feel violated.
It really depends on what the task is. If it's incredibly annoying, messy, time consuming, or requires significant skill, I'll hire someone for sure. If it's something straightforward, its probably easier to just do it myself, and I sometimes find it relaxing to do something concrete and hands-on like that.As an example: Sand and refinish floors, or anything involving in-wall plumbing? Fuck no, that's a mess, and I'm not spending a week crawling around on the floor....
Have made ricotta before, its pretty simple, though I can buy much better (and cheaper, actually) than I can make. Did it once for the novelty. There are some things I'd rather pay someone to do for me, and straining cheese curds is one of them.
Crazy, that sucks Manton. Was this recent? Wish I had something to contribute to yalls evening of debauchery, enjoy though.
Yeah, wishful thinking.