or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Deadly7,The out of stock grenadines are all being rewoven in Italy now and will turn up in April - thank you for your patience. Normally we try to keep all our grenadines on hand so reservations on waiting lists is typically not needed.Grad Schooler,We have no knits in the near future - I am sorry. Maybe next year we will have time to start working on them.Instead we have many new silks for later in the year also bow ties are currently just starting to be made after a long...
T4phage,I like your writing style.Big is relative - I think my post was accurate and not misleading but my apologies if you thought so.Our labor costs are mostly American. All of our management and design costs are American.Our transportation costs are very high.Overall our costs are probably similar to Italy or possibly higher as we are very small and do not have economies of scale.In the future we plan to return to a focus on growing, reeling, dyeing & weaving our silks...
"...but we take our time to make everything to the absolute best of our ability...." Gerald, Thank you for your kind words. You and your friend already know the secret of tie making as I can see from the above comment. With that spirit you will do very well. I just visited your site and laughed when I saw your Singapore weather commentary "hot and hotter" for your two seasons. Enjoy your trip to Europe - we have small children so travel is rare for us. I look forward...
Eustace Tilley,Roughly speaking you are correct.Macclesfields are printed very nicely on twill silk and wool challis by David Evans/Adamley in Macclesfield.Names are something that Europeans are more particular about than Americans. The printers in Macclesfield consider that which is printed in Macclesfield to be a Macclesfield.I understand that some people have different thoughts but I am sensitive to people who earn their living printing silks and follow their thoughts -...
Superb summary of what is bespoke.Berkeley and the Bay Area in general has some very creative people - talk some more to her husband and ask to see some more examples, you may end up finding the suits to be what you feel are a great buy for the money because of her service and closeness to you.
I may have to add another green to our linen collection - thank you for the suggestion.
You are 100% correct.To make an OK pocket square is not that hard if you have talent, but to make a luxury pocket square takes making hundreds of practice ones under the supervision of an expert, and then it takes 2+ hours to make each pocket square on average.Currently there are only a very few luxury pocket square makers in the world.
Cbbuff, Grenadine pocket squares are very rare - we are probably the only maker in the world with a grenadine pocket square collection. They work well when you want texture mixed with elegance.
Good evening MKtitsworth,As In Stitches mentioned email is best: [URL=http://customerservice@samhober.com][/URL]And I am very relaxed and happy to answer your questions about how to make a tie that works well for you. Mainly I listen and ask questions trying to have your tie end up with your vision but my practical advice.Our workshop is typically open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) from 8 to 430 (Thai time zone) although I will often be in my office working late...
IROH, "awesome reply. you should write an article on entreprenuer.com. i would love to read it." Thank you for your kind words sadly time does not allow for outside writing adventures. "so does this mean your ties are better quality than drakes? then why not raise your prices to match or exceed? why hold yourself back?" All our ties are custom made/bespoke - Drakes makes mostly ready made ties and some made to measure which they refer to as bespoke (I am not sure...