or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Thank you for your kind words I have not seen your squares but I have seen your other creative efforts on the internet which are wonderful.Our pocket squares are indeed different in terms of construction in that we take 2+ hours per pocket square and they are custom made one by one by experts.Sadly we have between little to no cost savings from living in Thailand. All design, management, training and higher level skills are currently done by Americans. transportation costs...
Imatlas,Yes, it would be a good idea to do a few different colorways.
RSS,Thank you for your thoughts.Wool has a nice texture but it limits the quality of the print so I hesitate to do a complex print on wool or a mixture.No deposits are requested.
Patrick Booth,Yes, there is an amazing tapestry set with an origin that is a mystery.From the New Yorker:"...An expert medieval weaver might need an hour to complete one square inch of a tapestry, which meant that in a good week he might finish a patch maybe eight inches on a side. The weavers were generally young men, and each Unicorn tapestry likely had a team of between four and six working on it..."So it sounds like 2 days work for the weaving of a pocket square, plus...
Tobiasj,I know that you are joking but some jacket pockets are bigger or smaller than others, and some gentlemen like the understated look of a pocket square just barely showing, while others like a waterfall effect; and then most of course like something in the middle.Then there is the weight of the fabric to be considered as in the heavier fabrics should be a smaller square than a lighter fabric to fit roughly the same in a pocket.Earlier in this thread someone mentioned...
Unicorns are fascinating and i like them also but the Moghul prints are even more interesting to me as I lived in Hyderabad in India for two years as a boy.My mothers house in Arizona is filled with hand painted Moghul paintings.One thing that has held me back from tapestry/painting type pocket squares is sizing. We are a bespoke maker and I like the option of providing different sizes for our clients.I suppose that in the interest of art (and collecting) we could do a set...
RSS,At a certain point it becomes something like collecting postage stamps...Were you thinking of the Unicorn design?
As the Macclesfield printers went out of business the designs either were sold or in many cases given away to two local museums.So currently most of the old designs are available - some actually in the David Evans/Adamley files, some in museums and some in other corporate collections such as Silk Industries which owns Vanners the weavers and used to own David Evans and Adamley.David Evans/Adamley is now independently owned and operated by its management.Some printers in...
Mizuchaud,Style is something personal and this sounds like an interesting personal style choice - so a good idea for you if you like the look.The solid midnight blue may very well be a slightly different color but this could add to the elegance of your idea.
emc894 and Antioch,Thank you for thinking of us.The sample bow tie is only as needed and will not be offered in the future - without an additional charge....