or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Actually it is very rare for packages to get stuck in customs (as in one out of thousands) and from the post office message you can't say where the slow up was.The good news is that you are now eligible (after delivery) to have your postage refunded due to the delay - again standard EMS post office procedure all over the world.With registered mail there would be no refund and typically much slower delivery times and lower postage costs.More likely than not you would have...
Lafont,You are welcome - one more thought - the interlining of the tie is important for wrinkle resistance - it should be a good quality wool - which is typically only made in Italy.
Lafont,A good question.The tie should be folded (not rolled) with a layer of soft tissue paper inside to help avoid wrinkles then placed in a plastic sleeve - then put in a two piece gift box then put in a shipping box. The gift box and shipping box should be custom made to fit the ties.Pressing ties is fine if you are very good at it and avoid the edges.Steaming ties in the bathroom can work very well.Spraying ties can be risky as you can get water spots but again can be...
scohrdarkshadow,It is my pleasure to help I understand your frustration.Tracking is what you do with a tracking number.When the post office traces a package it works like this:1) The sender (not the receiver) requests that the package be traced.2) The sender will typically fill out a form with your tracking number, address and a description of the package contents and a copy of the receipt.3) It should take around a week for the package to be found. This is a key point, if...
After you call your post office if you don't have any luck - you really should request the sender to have the Italian post office trace the package. The trace request does not cost anything and can usually be done quickly through email.One this will speed up your delivery - two if the package is lost you will receive a refund.I mail packages 6 days a week and have experience with this whole process waiting is not a good idea, unless you are not concerned...
Scohrdarkshadow,You need to request the sender to ask the Italian post office to track the package.You also should call your local post office to see if the package is there. The reason is that the USPS has challenges with their computers quite often so a delivery attempt may have been made and the package is waiting for you. (50% chance)If your package is determined to be lost after the Italian post office traces it you will get a refund of your postage plus a small...
I just ordered the DVD in PAL format but I will hopefully be playing it on my iMac - will that work smoothly?
The Louche,You make a good point.Historically, I can tell you that my father who is 85 and whose career was in the New York fashion industry only wears cotton pocket squares and he explained to me when I asked a long time ago that the popularity of linen pocket squares is more of a recent fashion. Quite often experts who write books and articles are good writers but have limited experience actually making clothes and really knowing the industry - but they write well.Linen...
Tie width should match your body size if you are into classic style. Lapels and fashion trends are just that trends. For a classic look: If someone is tall and has big shoulders a narrow tie won't fit well. The opposite is also true if you are quite thin and not so tall a narrow tie will look just right. Then you can fine-tune your tie width based on lapels etc after thinking about your body size.
Classic would be more like 3.75 inches - with recent fashion narrower.With your weight and height I would lean more towards 3.25 inches and perhaps 56 inches long for a four-in-hand knot in a 4-fold construction - although you need to measure yourself to get the correct width. Short or long upper torsos can change measurements.