or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD ..... I think it will look very nice with my cotton summer suit, though grenadine might be an autumn/winter fabric? Grenadines are without a doubt a year-round fabric. Regarding fabrics and seasons there is a school of thought that considers the season/weather but is not controlled by it. As an example if it is the middle of winter with a snow storm outside I would not hesitate to wear a cheerful bright...
Quote: Originally Posted by juvefan it was more about the process and achievement than anything Juvefan, Well said! You can certainly make your own pocket squares with lots of patience. If you made model airplanes and ships as a boy you are off to a good start. When you have a moment please do a search as there have been some threads where I helped and commented on other people trying to make their own pocket squares. You should not sew...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD ... Thank you, David. Well, I'm a wedding guest; not sure that counts... I will check the site anyway. The silvery grey is indeed probably to silvery for me; I like a relaxed, informal look (the wedding isn't a formal one either). What do you think of the Grenadine Fina with this (lightweight) cotton suit? Other fabric recommendations? I like some texture in the fabric. Being a wedding guest certainly counts -...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD Good points, Kaplan. Silvery is not what I want. Besides, I need the tie before June 20 (in The Netherlands), so maybe Sam Hober isn't an option for this one. NOBD, For weddings or special events we often can make a tie in one or two days if you ask us. The rest is up to the mailing choice that you prefer. As Kaplan mentions width is not an issue. We do not have any ties on hand only rolls of fabric. So you...
Quote: Originally Posted by lard im looking for my next Linen Pokcet square and i want it to be the best quality . Please, compare between the them. 1) Sam Hober Belgian Linen pocket square :Around 15" 2) Ben Silver - Bottom : Linen pocket square : Around 16" 3)Kent Wang Linen pocket square : Around 12" Lard, A good question and a little background information and then back to comments by others: 1) Our pocket squares can be made in any...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovelux2010 thanks, good info here... so basically there are 7 lengths to choose from, and your choose the width that relates to the length.. make me realize how impressive the ASW Capelli orders are - you choose any length, any width to your preference.. the only problem is i do not know what my ideal length and width is so need to get professionally measured up at Drakes or similar to avoid ordering the wrong...
A new satin: Black Satin Silk Tie Quote: Originally Posted by nhannon Any "bitter chocolate" solid reppe ties in the mix? I love the color of the grenadine version. Not at the moment but we could possibly have the color woven although it would take a few months. Please email if you are still interested.
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin I believe David Hober carries a few, as well -- http://www.samhober.com/ It's probably double your budget (~$85), but well worth it. Metlin, Thank you for thinking of us - but we do not have any knits at all. Officeboy, Thank you for your kind words, while we do not currently work with knits, if we did we would be happy to make knits with triangle tips.
15 Reissued Sam Hober Fermo Fossati Satin Silk Ties This collection of artisanal satin silk ties is made with Fermo Fossati satin. The texture is smooth and shiny yet has a very elegant character which is difficult to see in a photograph. The weave is very tight and luxurious with a very slight stiffness to it when compared to our Fermo Fossati grenadines which are a loose weave. Yellow Gold Satin Silk Tie Foggy Blue Satin Silk Tie Dark...
Black grenadines are a great look and I wear one quite often. Enjoy your tie.