or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Gradschooler,With ready made ties there may be a big difference in sizes with various constructions.However, with custom made ties there is little difference, and you can request us to adjust the size of your knot when you checkout in the knot area.The best way to adjust knot size is to widen or make more narrow the knot area. Adjusting the interlining can be done at times but is not the best method."That sounds interesting. Will there also be patterned...
RogerC,We will be working with many new silks both printed and woven - including new grenadines.
PatrickBooth,Yes, it is a small/large city a market town is perhaps teh best way to describe it - with smaller towns and villages spreading out around it; but shopping, transportation universities etc mainly in Chiang Mai.I met someone from Toronto yesterday with a background in art who was writing on an estoric subject ( I am not clear exactly what..) who has lived here for several years and is a good example of the artsy feel.We made the move partially for thye lifestyle...
Alan,Actually, I think it has been more than a few years as we have been in Thailand for almost 5 years and we became friends when we were in Denver.I hope that you enjoy your tie.We just moved to Chiang Mai which has a very different feeling than Bangkok.It is the second city of Thailand but it is nowhere near as big as Bangkok and is much friendlier.The culture here has a very nice feeling a little bit like living in a southern city.
G'day Elegantly Wasted,Typically no, you need to see the interlining.Almost all luxury ties will have good quality wool interlinings.Low end ties will normally not use wool interlinings although there are exceptions as an example some Chinese ties have very low end wool interlinings which are better than polyester but not nearly as nice as the best Italian interlinings
double post deleted
Children are so interesting, I always thought in the past that we are mostly a product of our environment but watching Sam and Ben grow up I see they already have strong personalities which are very different.Samantha has a very strong artistic outlook both in terms of talent and emotions and Benjamin is very much a people person. Sam already has a feeling of ownership based on the company name and loves to sew after school in the workshop (milk and cookies first of...
AlexSF,In an emotional artistic sense certainly you can say that perfection is also in the eye of the beholder as for example the love of a family member for someone close to them.However, you simply can't say that fast sewing that is irregular is perfect in a technical sense and I am coming from a very serious point of view of a craft person.We put a lot of energy into making our products as perfect as possibly constantly looking for small improvements again to use the...
AlexSf, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as it should be, but I can assure you that rustic style pocket squares are not perfectly made - although they may be perfectly beautiful to you and others. Think of the beauty of a perfectly tuned Ferrari sports car - i don't think you want it to stop and start - you want smooth perfection...