or Connect

Posts by Sam Hober

Claghorn,If we have enough fabric on hand we would be happy to make a pocket square.
I am sure that Burberry simply factors into their overall cost and profit all that trying on and if that is OK with you then their policy is a good one.
I am not sure what you mean by the brand being an issue unless you mean that you had tried them on before and liked the knot size? But the same brand could have many different constructions/knot size.Also I am not sure about the quantity of ties unless you mean that losing a demo tie when you have thousands is not a big issue for the store (probably true).In the end it is all about price - if you don't mind paying extra for ties in a store that allows 100% try-ons then all...
Ac,I agree.The idea of trying on a tie in a store is a good one; but keep in mind that long term it raises prices as most men prefer to buy a new tie that has not been tried on.
I don't know what Crombie's reputation is on SF - my comments were my own thoughts.I don't think the blend will be delicate at all - it sounds quite strong to me - what makes you think it would be delicate?I have used silk and cashmere mixed fabrics and they were strong.Based on the brand history I assume that the wool will be high quality and also be strong.However, if you require a certain construction technique and this coat doesn't have it then forget about it.Trust...
It sounds like a good fabric mix from a classic company. You may not even notice the silk - it will probably feel like a soft wool.
Slipperman,Sorry for any confusion but Sam Hober doesn't offer any ties for sale.Only ties that are custom ordered so we can make an unlined grenadine but I don't suggest it - I think there is a good reason for necktie interlinings and almost always they are a good idea.Many gentlemen do like untipped grenadine ties with rolled edges.Sam (Samantha my daughter who is 9 years old) is focused on designing doll clothing at the moment. She is doing well with pattern making.
What makes you and your future wife happy is the most important thing to consider.The fact that you are mentioning the see-through tipping says that it is a concern - you don't want anything bothering you on your wedding day.
Ac,I do typically refer to grenadine as a loose weave but it is also referred to as a type of silk fabric.And looking at rolls of it in our fabric room I think of it as a raw material.We make grenadine ties with a cashmere/silk mix and there is a subtle difference in the final feeling.The cashmere/silk grenadine makes a slightly tighter and smaller knot. And the texture has a cashmere feeling.I wear grenadines year round of all types but some might say that the cashmere...
I have not heard of any palace revolts so I assume that he still holds his title of King of the 3 inch ties, and will do so for a long time...