or Connect

Posts by MyOtherLife

Welcome to Styleforum tats.In the event you notice a white film forming on them as they dry, it will mean there was a high salt content in the water that soaked them. You'll need a rag and some white vinegar to remove it. Wet rag with the vinegar. Squeeze out excess. Wipe of shoes with some pressure, rotating the cloth as you go. Let dry. If the white film persists, repeat this process as many times as is needed until it is gone. For those who live in regions with distinct...
Ideas to improve the forum..... Styleforum Pergatory. Anyone recommending Stacy Adams, Bostonian, etc or other low end items, are immediately transported to pergatory. It will look and feel just like the real SF...in fact they will still think they are still there. Joined by others of their kind, they will enjoy immesurable pleasure in agreeable conversation, all the while convinced that low end is Haute Couture. Should one of these members awaken and mention at least 3 ...
I am done 2 full seasons of The Fugitive...taking a break and watching Tombstone. [[SPOILER]] To those of you who still have not seen this film, I urge you to do so. It is a marvel to see and a true story.There are a few moments that are disputed to this day. Most all of it actuallty happened more or less as shown.I may even watch it twice back-to-back. That is how much I enjoy it.
It fits. It looks fine and for that price you lucked out. Enjoy! Welcome to Styleforum.
TheMangelo, welcome to Stryleforum. Congratulations on your up and coming graduation. Whereever you work, as the new grad, you are going to be required do site work for sure whether you want to or not. Most companies will do this to you to give you experience, which you will benefit from anyway. You have one suit at present, so you are ok for now. You probably won't need it very much. Better invest in: 2 pair safety rated steel-toed shoes or boots with rubber or nylon...
Welcome to Styleforum. Most of the stylings are well established so they don't 'go out of style' per se. it comes down to fulfilling a need and when essentials are covered, your preferences. Nothing wrong with doing Chili with grey. Their Burnished Walnut finishes are probably the most popular after black. Some afficianados on the forum dislike split toes, though I have never seen them fully articualte as to why. Personally I have several split toed shoes, AE & other...
Obama's wardrobe is very cleverly chosen and photographed with deliberation. While Einstein was not a political figure in the proper sense (holding political office), Obama is. A photo such as this one .......was not published by accident. Taken on his first campaign trail, Obama was astutely aware that the photographer was taking the photo with emphasis on the holes in Obama's shoes. Obama himself asked the photographer if he was taking a shot of his shoes and when the...
omega4, Welcome to Styleforum. Not much I can add at this point but to answer your querey about purchasing multiples; there are those who do this for what ever the reason, be it fit, comfort or preference. The famous physicist Albert Einstein had duplicates of his shirts, jackets, ties, pants & shoes. He did this so he would not waste time to what he would wear next but just grab the next one on the rack. This would allow him to focus on his work. One example of this right...
It reminds me of a vintage lawyers hard shell. I would also like to know who makes it. For future reference ...whenever I've had moments like this, I have approached and greeted with a smile, then asked directly right there on the spot where I could purchase a briefcase (bag, etc) like that. I've never experienced any resistance to this approach. You'd be suprised how the pride of ownership makes a person approachable and happy to tell you This gent is enjoying his clothes...