or Connect

Posts by msza

Otc – thanks, good to hear. Skinnygoomba – thanks for the info. Yeah, I checked these out to see if they had ‘ancestral blades,’ but they are both machine made. I’ve read that apparently Japanese citizens are allowed to keep their ancestral blades if they can prove the ancestral connection through the official War Dept or some such, but these mass produced swords will be confiscated because the govt doesn’t view them as being up the standard of traditional Japanese...
No thoughts on this? Thought the SF crowd would be all over this. Certainly, a wall full of Highlander and Lord of the Rings replicas would send one sort of message, but do a couple war swords also scream social leprosy? Bueller?
Hey y'all, Looking for some decorative advice here. I ended up with a couple japanese WWII swords and thought "cool" and put them up on the wall in my bedroom. I've got a new lady friend coming over in a few days and I'm starting to wonder if things like that send creepy vibes. I got them from my grandfather, who is a major collector. I've got a small apartment, so it was bedroom or living room. Cool or creepy?
First time Federer hasn't made a QF in 10 years.
Nadal out in straights in the first round. This is a HUGE upset! Where the hell is everybody?
Nadal isn't looking too hot. It would be excellent to see Rog take him out in the quarters, if Nadal even makes it that far.
Opening day! Best two weeks of the year! I was at the tournament last year. Saw Djokovic on Centre, stayed in Kensington ,and had the time of my life. Wish I was there.
Anyone here in any of the patriotic societies (the Cincinnati, Colonial Wars, SAR, etc)? I am in the midst of preparing my application for the Colonial Wars. The dinners/balls are black tie/white tie optional. I am wondering what anyone's experiences have been. Thanks
Thought this might be an interesting discussion -- what do you all think of a player wearing tennis whites on a public court? A little history -- 'tennis whites' were and are still required at most country clubs, where lawn tennis originated in the 1880's. Up until about 1930-or-so, almost every tennis tournament required the players to wear tennis whites, because the tournaments were held at these clubs. Nowadays, Wimbledon is the last of the grand slams to be held at a...
What the hell does everyone here do with their Christening cups? You know, those silver cups with your name and other cute shit engraved on them. Mine is actually my great uncle's of the same nam. It seems kinda weird to drink out of it, as it has engravings of little kid crap all over it, but I'm sort of opposed to the whole Martha Stewart type idea of Putting Things on Display. Looking for some creative ideas.