or Connect

Posts by Dib

Wow - these look beautiful. EG at it's best (the asquith on the 888 is one of my all time favourite shoes, especially when polished as nicely as these)!
Even a shoe that fits properly will crease differently on different people (depending on the way they walk, the way their foot flexes etc...). The best way to determine whether a shoe fits properly is to look at how it fits your foot at the various appropriate places (heel, toes etc) rather than focussing on creasing.
Mburer - the shade of green on those socks is amazing, where are they from?
1) I am not sure I would use Mr. Porter as the benchmark for good customer service. They once sent me a defective item and I had to return it to them 4 times before I was actually sent the correct replacement. It is a large organisation (at least compared to Leffot) and each time you contact them you have to deal with someone new who isn't familiar with the details of your case and are often met with automated email responses rather than a considered response. At least...
+1If you are ordering online (and even when ordering in person), mistakes can and do happen. Ordering from a high-end establishment does not make them immune to human-error, what really matters is the manner in which such-errors are rectified and by your own account it seems Steven is dealing with the situation promptly and professionally. There really was no need to raise something as simple as being delivered the wrong item on this forum unless and until it was clear the...
I used to hate the thought of wearing OTC, but tried a pair out of curiosity earlier this year and have never looked back - i love the clean look that's achieved by them not falling down. Can't bring myself to buy mid calf anymore.
ThisIf the shirt is intended to be worn with a suit, then its impossible to give fully meaningful feedback on the basis of the existing pics you have posted (other than to reiterate that (i) the pocket is too big (I wouldn't have a pocket at all), (ii) the collar is too big and (iii) the waist is too tapered).
I bought a couple of Crombie covert overcoats about 6 or 7 years ago, and they have held up incredibly well and are still going strong. Classically styled, well built winter overcoats that I can rely on winter after winter. That said, at that time they were a fair bit cheaper (around GBP550) and I agree with the above posters who have said that GBP1,000 is probably overpriced (althought they do have sales at the usual times during the year). I also agree that their stores...
+1In the instances I have altered items which are one or two sizes too big, they ended-up not looking great. I've had a trenchcoat taken in slightly from the waist and that turned out absolutely fine.