or Connect

Posts by Dib

Marks & Spencer suits are very average quality - surely the OP can get suits at the same price/quality ratio in Paris?
Also, I recently started a first commission with A Man Hing Cheong as I desperately need to find a new HK tailor since Chan's output has become quite inconsistent. My first impressions were good and they seemed to have a good understanding of what I was after. Have my first fitting in a few weeks and am looking forward to seeing how it shapes up (particularly as there seems to be a lot less info on the forum about A Man compared to some of the other HK tailors). Dib
Overall looks good, a few comments:- sleeves look a shade long (but will probably shorten a little as the sleeves wrinkle with wear)- the waist area looks a little too snug at the back, causing pulling. they could quite easily let this out for you though.- personally I would like there to be more waist supression when viewing from the front, but your preference may vary- trousers are too long (assuming your pants are sitting at the correct height on your waist?). See how...
I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that it "shouldn't be this pricey". A tailor (or any other business) is going to charge whatever the market is willing to pay for the product and service they provide. Your subsequent post indicates Lee charges 4,900 for a CMT suit. Trust me, you will struggle to find anyone in HK who will make a suit for much less than that if you want it to be of an acceptable quality.In any case, I hope your suit turns out well, please do post...
I will do - thanks a lot!
Sorry Fishball, I'm getting my HK tailors mixed up!! I'm actually trying out A Man Hing Cheong later this week, not Baroman!! But will also consider doing something at Baroman further down the line (depending on how my A Man suit turns out)
Ok, that's useful, thanks. I'll ask them to use their best coatmaker, not sure if they will though!
add911 - can't remember if i've asked you this before, but why do you say you don't think Chan is good anymore? The reason I ask is because I have ordered several suits from them in the past and was always really happy with them. I then ordered a couple this year and they just don't feel right - I can't quite put my finger on it, but they just don't seem to be cut the same or sit the same as my older suits. I thought it may just have been my experience, and would therefore...
US$500 is not enough to get a decent suit made in HK. If that is your budget, I honestly think it is safer to get a reasonably well fitting suit OTR and have it altered. I think there are 2 big misconceptions with regards to bespoke tailoring in HK: (i) the first is that a bespoke garment will fit you perfectly/be everything you want in a suit, (ii) the second is that you can get an amazing suit at bargain prices.With regards to (i), bespoke is an ongoing process. It's...
A lot depends on how often you need to wear shirts (everyday?), what profession you work in and what else is in your wardrobe (e.g. in terms of suits and ties). As it is, you have listed pretty much most types of shirts that one would have in a conventional business wardrobe (white solid, blue solid, along with other solids, stripes and checks)! TBH - unless you are very easy to fit off the rack, I would be inclined to go MTM or bespoke and build your collection slowly....