or Connect

Posts by Dib

I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that it "shouldn't be this pricey". A tailor (or any other business) is going to charge whatever the market is willing to pay for the product and service they provide. Your subsequent post indicates Lee charges 4,900 for a CMT suit. Trust me, you will struggle to find anyone in HK who will make a suit for much less than that if you want it to be of an acceptable quality.In any case, I hope your suit turns out well, please do post...
I will do - thanks a lot!
Sorry Fishball, I'm getting my HK tailors mixed up!! I'm actually trying out A Man Hing Cheong later this week, not Baroman!! But will also consider doing something at Baroman further down the line (depending on how my A Man suit turns out)
Ok, that's useful, thanks. I'll ask them to use their best coatmaker, not sure if they will though!
add911 - can't remember if i've asked you this before, but why do you say you don't think Chan is good anymore? The reason I ask is because I have ordered several suits from them in the past and was always really happy with them. I then ordered a couple this year and they just don't feel right - I can't quite put my finger on it, but they just don't seem to be cut the same or sit the same as my older suits. I thought it may just have been my experience, and would therefore...
US$500 is not enough to get a decent suit made in HK. If that is your budget, I honestly think it is safer to get a reasonably well fitting suit OTR and have it altered. I think there are 2 big misconceptions with regards to bespoke tailoring in HK: (i) the first is that a bespoke garment will fit you perfectly/be everything you want in a suit, (ii) the second is that you can get an amazing suit at bargain prices.With regards to (i), bespoke is an ongoing process. It's...
A lot depends on how often you need to wear shirts (everyday?), what profession you work in and what else is in your wardrobe (e.g. in terms of suits and ties). As it is, you have listed pretty much most types of shirts that one would have in a conventional business wardrobe (white solid, blue solid, along with other solids, stripes and checks)! TBH - unless you are very easy to fit off the rack, I would be inclined to go MTM or bespoke and build your collection slowly....
So true!I think you should keep it. I have something very similar from Drakes, it looks great with a blue suit and white shirt: not the most daring combination, but a nice clean, crisp look. Try that combo and see what you think.
hmmm, i've never heard this before and don't see any reason why burgundy can't be used for calf, but would be interested to hear your reasoning on why this should be the case?
I think you need to be a bit more specific with your question. Are you using the terms "unlined" and "untipped" interchangeably (because they are not necessarily the same thing)? For example, an untipped tie could be lined or unlined.If you mean "untipped", then they wear pretty much the same as a tipped tie. The tip of an untipped tie will have a nice delicate feel to it, but will be no less durable than a tipped tie. As to how they look - even a very cursory search of...