or Connect

Posts by Dib

OP - chill out, I wasn't chastising you. I appreciate you are a newbie to bespoke suits and I was just trying to manage your expectations of what the process can achieve. You have mentioned in a few posts "I should have gone to Simpson Sin" and "next time i'll just go to Simpson Sin", which is why I was trying to illustrate simply going to Simpson Sin won't automatically produce markedly better results (in fact, it most likely won't).WIth regards to the "you get what you...
I really fear you haven't learnt anything from this thread despite a lot of the good advice people have been offering. In particular:(1) Going to Simpson Sin isn't going to be the magic answer to your problems. Admittedly I haven't seen a huge amount of their work, but if someone is charging HK$4,000 for a suit then they are operating at the lower end of the HK bespoke spectrum (i.e. around the same level as Empire). My general observation of tailors working in this price...
I should add, if you don't have anyone you can take with you then, as GBR has said quite clearly above, you should simply go back to the tailor and: (i) ask them if it's possible to add more waist suppression to the jacket; and (ii) fix the bunching at the back of the trousers (I agree with GBR that this isn't going to be fixed by taking the trousers in more, but point the problem out to the tailors and see what they suggest).
Yes, I understood quite clearly what you were saying - you want the silhouette to be more waisted/more waist suppression (and that is what I meant by more "shape" - it's a pretty common way of saying the same thing).Anyway, that obviously won't be achieved by letting more fabric out, will it? That effect is typically achieved by taking fabric away from the waist and, as i've said above, I'm not sure if there is sufficient allowance left in your suit to do this.Do you have...
I dont think it can be lengthened actually, i've discussed this with tailors before and they've always advised it's not really possible at this stage.Regarding your questions above, I would advise against letting the waist out. One of your main concerns seems to be that the suit isn't slim enough and doesnt have any shape around the waist - letting the waist out is only going to exacerbate this problem obviously.
What GBR means is that once the length of the jacket has been finished/hemmed, it cannot be lengthened - hence irretrievable.
Trompe - I agree with what you say, to an extent.A tailor shoud be able to tell if the trousers are gathering at the back even if the client points it out or not. Further, a lot of the cheaper HK tailors crank out awful looking suits even for customers who know what they are talking about (I've seen many examples in HK).I do agree with your general sentiment though: not knowing much about bespoke tailoring + unrealistic expectations + using cheapest tailors = recipe for...
Oh, i forgot to add, you can't lower the button stance on a completed suit - the button holes have already been cut
OP - i appreciate you are a student and funds are limited at the moment, but I honestly think you have an unrealistic view of what the bespoke process actually involves. Often, even with accomplished tailors, you need to commission more than one suit to gradually improve the product and get to a suit you are happy with. Bespoke by its nature is an iterative process and involves a great deal of trial and error. It can be a risky process, even moreso if your budget is...
This is exactly why I say going to one of the cheaper tailors in HK is a false economy - almost every example I have seen has produced sub-par results. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for - at this price point I think most people are better off going RTW and then using a tailor to make alterations. OP - the jacket doesn't look horrendous when buttoned but looks less good when unbuttoned. It should definitely be longer and could do with more waist...