or Connect

Posts by Dib

Agree with all of this - some of my EG Top Drawers and MTO's have had little problems with them and it's so difficult to get EG to rectify them (presumably because they already have so much work relative to their size).My only issue with St. Crispin's however is the unsightly creasing that can appear on a lot of their shoes (quite prominent ridges on many of the shoes I have seen, including my own). Whilst i'm of the view that if a shoes fits you, then you shouldn't worry...
I think this is exactly what they are doing - technically they are not charging you VAT (hence the line in their T&Cs which says "if you are outside the EU you haven't been charged VAT..."), but are charging non EU customers a higher price so that even with the VAT deducted it equals the same as what EU customers would pay with the VAT included. I do think their terms and conditions could and should be clearer in this respect though.In my experience, the majority of...
Code:This is one of the prime causes of guys being badly dressed: buying things because they are on sale irrespective of (1) whether they fit well, (2) work with other things in their wardrobe, (3) are the right colour etc etc. Never buy something solely, or predominantly, because it is on sale - when you walk down the street wearing it, no one knows what it cost, they just see an ill fitting garment.As a rule of thumb, to try and avoid this problem I try not to buy things...
Does anyone know if Drapers sell fabric direct to the public, and if they do, have any contact details and/or a website address for them? I'm interested in buying some of their fabrics but can't find any info through an Internet search. Dib
TTO - awesome shirt/tie/suit combos. I love the shape you consistently achieve in your knots too. If I may ask, where are the ties from in your fourth to last, and last, photos?
I think it will be difficult to convince HK to alter it, although you should certainly ask and see what they say. They are so busy nowadays with all the orders from overseas trips that the customer service isn't what it used to be. 5 or 6 years ago they were always very accomodating to make tweaks and adjustments even after final fitting, less so nowadays.
1) No clear point?? My point, or at least the point in contention (and which I think most people other than you probably understood pretty readily) was that going to budget HK tailors will generally produce bad results, but be careful because even expensive tailors can not meet your expectations if you don't know what you are doing when commissioning a suit.If you couldn't understand that from my earlier post, and found a post with 3 or 4 paragraphs windy, then I now...
OP - chill out, I wasn't chastising you. I appreciate you are a newbie to bespoke suits and I was just trying to manage your expectations of what the process can achieve. You have mentioned in a few posts "I should have gone to Simpson Sin" and "next time i'll just go to Simpson Sin", which is why I was trying to illustrate simply going to Simpson Sin won't automatically produce markedly better results (in fact, it most likely won't).WIth regards to the "you get what you...
I really fear you haven't learnt anything from this thread despite a lot of the good advice people have been offering. In particular:(1) Going to Simpson Sin isn't going to be the magic answer to your problems. Admittedly I haven't seen a huge amount of their work, but if someone is charging HK$4,000 for a suit then they are operating at the lower end of the HK bespoke spectrum (i.e. around the same level as Empire). My general observation of tailors working in this price...
I should add, if you don't have anyone you can take with you then, as GBR has said quite clearly above, you should simply go back to the tailor and: (i) ask them if it's possible to add more waist suppression to the jacket; and (ii) fix the bunching at the back of the trousers (I agree with GBR that this isn't going to be fixed by taking the trousers in more, but point the problem out to the tailors and see what they suggest).