or Connect

Posts by Dib

It looks nice, simple and classic on the leather strap. I strongly agree with those who have said it looks tacky with the gold - stick with the leather!
I'm not sure if they typically stock that material, I don't think that changes the analysis though. EG is a shoe maker who is prepared to entertain custom orders from the retail public, as well as larger retailers. In certain instances they are also prepared to use specially sourced materials (indeed, they have sourced one off materials for individual retail customers in the past, for example, when ordering through their Top Drawer programme). The mere act of utilising...
The last and style are existing EG designs/styles, there is absolutely no way on earth EG is going to give up the IP rights in those lasts/styles (which it has been using for years, and which it will continue to use) to someone because they have ordered 100 pairs of them. EG only has a limited number of lasts/styles, they are the bread and butter of its business, there is no way they would surrender IP rights in these (and neither would they need to do so in order for...
Leffot's website stated they had a limited edition of 100 of these shoes, each one hand numbered. To the extent they have 100 of these made up and have paid for them then I agree, these would belong to Leffot. The OP wasn't seeking to buy one of the limited edition, individually numbered, shoes made for Leffot though - they were trying to order the same spec via the MTO programme. Again, none of us on this forum will know whether EG and Leffot had an agreement between them...
Well, I was replying more to the assertion/general proposition that the poster had made that private companies are free to do as they please. I was just trying to point out that as a general proposition this is wrong.I agree though, if EG was legally prohibited from selling the shoes (e.g. because they had an agreement to that effect with Leffot) then that would complicate the analysis slightly. Again, without meaning to get too legalistic, even if there was some sort of...
This is a little harsh, no? The vast majority of people shop around before making significant purchases. The OP emailed two retailers to ask them for prices and opted to go with the one charging almost $500 less - does that really make him a cheapskate for wanting to save $500? Admittedly he had already agreed to purchase from Leffot the day before, but if their ordering policy allowed him to cancel the order the next day, then I'm not sure what the OP did wrong by...
Wrong. Private companies still have to operate within the law of the land(s) in which they operate. Whilst I don't want to get bogged down in the legalise of this, once the OP had paid his deposit to EG he had a contract with them under UK contract law, the fact EG is a private company etc is irrelevant here.Likewise, retailers/service providers in the UK cannot discriminate against people if they want to...there are laws against that too.
I'm with the OP on this one. EG are completely in the wrong here. Firstly, they sent an email to the OP expressly confirming they could make the shoe on an MTO basis, and then took a deposit to secure the order (I'm not sure which jurisdiction's law governed this transaction, but in certain jurisdictions that would be enough to constitute a binding contract). For EG to then subsequently back out of the order (after such a long period of time and having taken the OP's...
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmith then your toes feel like they're in a clamp!! i prefer bigger (only slightly) then put an insole or whatever Agreed! I struggle to find RTW shoes that are comfortable to wear, even with the higher end makers. Whenever I have had fittings at EG, the shoes they have fitted me with have been incredibly tight around the toes and painful to walk in whilst all the while the SA insists they fit me perfectly. As...
Perfect, Prince's Building is certainly easiest for me to get to (I could easily pop in there for fittings at lunchtime).