or Connect

Posts by Dib

Just wanted to bump this thread as I also want to purchase some Thomas Mason fabric. Does anyone know if there is an online source which sells the fabric, or alternatively anywhere in HK which would sell the fabric alone (i.e. without being obliged to have them make it up into a shirt)?
What is the current price for an MTO pair of shoes from G&G?
Are Lindberg frames generally cheaper in HK? Last time I checked (a couple of years ago) the price seemed comparable with that in the UK. If you know somewhere reasonably priced in HK would you mind posting?
It seems as though this debate is roughly split down the middle in terms of the views of posters. With that in mind, I don't think you can call a no shoes policy a "personal quirk" - it is a preferance that a sizeable number of people who have posted in this thread have. It is no more a "personal quirk" than someone wishing to leave their shoes on.With regards to the "leave your shoes on if your guests do" approach - not sure I really see the rationale with this. How far...
No, I don't live in an "ethnic enclave" - although my experience of householders taking shoes off before they walk around the house has been largely consistent irrespective of ethnicity.
+1I spend most of my time in London and it is second nature for me, and most people I know, to instinctively remove our shoes when entering someone's house. The vast majority of households I know remove their shoes before walking around the house (and to be honest, the thought of wearing outdoor shoes around the house seems to me to be a little bit disgusting). I know floors are not 100% clean, but why would you want to exacerbate the problem by making them even more dirty...
Dior Homme probably has ties around that width (see the concessions in Harrods and Selfirdges). I do think Dior Homme is overpriced for what it is though. Drakes also sell a number of 7cm ties (so just a touch wider than you are looking for), so it's probably worth having a browse around the Clifford Street store if you are happy to consider 7cm ties? Hackett have slimmed their ties down recently so a lot of them are now around 7.5cm. Although I know this is a bit wider...
That one seems to be a solid purple, whereas I think the one referred to in this post is both purple and grey....
Browsing through this thread (and elsewhere on the forum) I've seen lots of references to the grey/purple cashmere Drakes tie yfyf has. I've spent ages searching trying to find images of this legendary tie, to no avail! Would anybody have pictures of the tie in question being worn?
This is very true. I have been using one of the well known HK tailors for a few years, slowly refining the product and producing progressively better garments with each commission. In addition, I really enjoy working with the team and spending time at their store flicking through books of cloth, talking to the tailors, discussing tweaks to my pattern etc.That said, a few days ago I was walking past one of the other well known HK tailors and decided to go inside and take a...