or Connect

Posts by Dib

Did you ask them to rectify it? It should be quite straightforward to change the collars and cuff (assuming they had more of the correct colour fabric in stock).OP - the length of the jacket looks fine to me (any shorter would look odd I think). Likewise, I think the sleeve length is fine too (it seems as though your shirts sleeves may be a touch too short).The trousers do look too long as there is too much pooling of fabric. The quarters are also far too closed for my...
With all due respect, I think this is bad advice, particularly the parts highlighted in bold.When building a new wardrobe, surely the emphasis should be on buying items that fit you correctly - what is the benefit in continuing to buy things that don't fit correctly (other than the time saved in not looking for another brand)? It is not as though there are a shortage of other brands in the market offering chinos that the OP can try instead.OP - whilst the classic fit does...
JayI think you are missing the point on so many levels.I have been told fairly often that I dress well (girls or guys of age group too). It's a bit ironic to me that they thought so because of many posts in this thread suggesting otherwise. I'm not sure who's giving you that advice, but you have several people on this thread who are telling you that your outfits and general style are not great. If I was getting feedback like that about myself, I would start to wonder...
+1The outfits you have posted remind me of what middle age men who no longer really care about clothes tend to wear - that's unfortunate and ironic given the above posts clearly indicate you are giving a great deal of thought to your outfits and wardrobe. The individual pieces are pretty bland, don't fit particularly well and generally look quite old fashioned (and not in a cool, vintage inspired, type of way).As others have noted, you seem to be buying random things...
I've worn ties from most of the brands/makers mentioned in this thread and I have to say that I always end up wearing my Drakes more than any of the others. They feel solid and well made, tend to tie a great knot and drape beautifully. One of the big advantages with ties from Sam Hober is that you can fully customise them, but this is also now possible with Drakes ties (i.e. the bespoke section on the Drakes website allows you to order ties (including navy grenadine) to...
My dinner jacket has satin lapels and I've worn a barathea bow tie with it a number of times - I think it looks absolutely fine.
These look great.How transparent are the untipped blades of the two grenadines in real life? I would assume they are relatively see-through although they look reasonably opaque in the picture - is that because they are sitting on a dark surface?
Why not try them out with a cheaper tie at first? There is a lot of positive feedback on them on here.I have a number of ties I want to get narrowed by them but will experiment with a couple of basic ones before sending in anything valuable.
Thanks guys, useful information to have. Winston S - doesn't sound like you got the full 20% back (i.e. if Drummonds are around GBP320, shouldn't you have got back closer to GBP60)?
Gdot - if you don't mind me asking, how much of the VAT are you able to recover at the airport? The reason I ask is because I am planning to pick up a couple of pairs in London in the next few months and my understanding is that the refund companies at the airport take a slice of the VAT to be refunded (so I'm just trying to figure out whether it actually works out cheaper to ask C&J to knock the VAT off in store and then post the shoes out).